GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 ----> Stage 2 GET RID OF JERK?

allset

Go Kart Champion
hmmmmm, still could be the TOB or slave cylinder from the way ur describing it. Bring it to the stealership.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Well I work at the dealership... Idk how I would describe it to them, cuz it's only at certain rpms...

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
I didn't experience any jerking with Stage 1 either, just when I floor it. Maybe your feeling the engine movement? Get some mounts. Just be careful with the clutch though. I started having clutch issues around 16k and now at 21k she's sitting in the shop getting a stage 2 clutch and LSD put in. I lost 1st and 6th gear on the way to the shop and I've been driving manual for about 5 years.

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!
I don't know if this helps or not, but I know when I was APR Stage I on my GLI I had some of those problems. Then I added a torque mount and not jerky under load anymore. Not sure if this is the same thing you are experiencing, but I am about to add the BSH pendulum/torque mount insert on my GTI to help with some of my shifts. I have GIAC Stage I and it is smoother than my APR was.

Last edited:

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
I think its just because Im shifting at the boost peak! I noticed if I dont shift at that point it doesnt exist! Its just such a sweet spot to shift! haha

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you going stage 2 then?

i have this same concern/issue with stage 1. It seems to lurch every now and then.