GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 10-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #1
R35Dan
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI
Warning: Avoid doing business with this member

I've been a car enthusiast for over 8 years. During that time I've sold many many parts both OEM and aftermarket to other enthusiasts. I have not had a single problem selling on forums/craigslist/ebay until now.

On 09/16/2017 I received a PM from a member on here called A3-Owner about 'used parts'. He ended up being interested in the OEM K03 turbo that just came off my car and was pre-inspected by Vokswagen.

Ok, money received, all is well so I ship the item out. The turbo arrives to the buyer on 09/29/2017. On 10/10/2017 the buyer opens a dispute claiming the turbo is blown. No contact was made with me beforehand, no pms, emails, or calls. Now i'm not sure what the issue is if he changed his mind on what turbo to go with or what because that turbo was 100% fine. I have receipts/paper work from VW proving so and even inspected it personally before boxing it up. Even with that the buyer won the dispute. Just warning you sellers out there so you don't have your time/money wasted over a $100 item

Anyway cheers and happy motoring. Guess i'll be doing more local sales with items like turbos from now on. Can't trust anyone anymore.
R35Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
Corradoluvher
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 vw gti
Dam that sucks. I was thinking of selling my stock turbo. I guess il just keep it.
Corradoluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
There will always be shady a55 people who will try to scam others. For me, I dealt with a shady seller on Ebay. Bought a used PPI amp, tested it and five minutes later, it started to smoke. PM'd him and we mutually agreed for me to send it back to him. A week goes by and he "claimed" he never received it. That's what you call an a55hole.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:19 PM   #4
A3-Owner
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 Audi A3 Quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by R35Dan View Post
I've been a car enthusiast for over 8 years. During that time I've sold many many parts both OEM and aftermarket to other enthusiasts. I have not had a single problem selling on forums/craigslist/ebay until now.

On 09/16/2017 I received a PM from a member on here called A3-Owner about 'used parts'. He ended up being interested in the OEM K03 turbo that just came off my car and was pre-inspected by Vokswagen.

Ok, money received, all is well so I ship the item out. The turbo arrives to the buyer on 09/29/2017. On 10/10/2017 the buyer opens a dispute claiming the turbo is blown. No contact was made with me beforehand, no pms, emails, or calls. Now i'm not sure what the issue is if he changed his mind on what turbo to go with or what because that turbo was 100% fine. I have receipts/paper work from VW proving so and even inspected it personally before boxing it up. Even with that the buyer won the dispute. Just warning you sellers out there so you don't have your time/money wasted over a $100 item

Anyway cheers and happy motoring. Guess i'll be doing more local sales with items like turbos from now on. Can't trust anyone anymore.
Our PM conversation:

Re: Shipping
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3-Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by R35Dan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How much for shipping to 80234?
Shipping for what? The message doesn't have a link
The used turbo, not the seats.
For the turbo I can do $150 shipped.
It's boxed up and ready to go too.
What is your method of payment? I can do Paypal.
Perfect. My paypal is <seller's email redacted for privacy>

I'll have it out tomorrow
I just sent the money via Paypal.
Got it. I'll send you tracking info tomorrow.

Cheers

The sales post:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...ighlight=turbo

1. You said the turbo is fine in the sales post. You never said the turbo was checked out by VW. What does that exactly mean? What VW shop did the inspection? Did they look at the turbo when it was off the car or on a bench?

Me-I had the turbo looked at by my local APR/UM/IE/ETC shop has done big turbo builds for me and is well known in the industry and they told me the wastegate was shot. The waste gate is part of the manifold and replacing it can be done with welding but didn't advise it. That or replace the whole manifold. I knew I took a risk on the turbo with 150K miles on it. That is a lot of miles but I had hopes it could still work.

2. Are you out any money? I payed for shipping of the turbo to me and will pay for the shipping back to you. I am the one out for shipping a heavy piece of equipment twice.

3. You come on the forum and warns others about doing business with me without sending me any messages? Is it because you are upset I didn't do the same via email or phones calls but did it via Paypal? My trust went out the door when I found out the the wastegate is shot. Did you read the message I sent you via the Paypal? I told you exactly what happened via Paypal. I didn't just do a refund via the payment site because I wanted to f with you. I sent you a message and I didn't see a response. Paypal disputes happen all the time and they advise to have the buyer and seller talk. I wanted to talk via this method. I chose a vehicle before me that would be tracked. Phone calls, emails can't be tracked. Paypals system can be tracked and I chose to use it.

I have done a number of transactions on this site selling and buying so I have a decent track record up to this point.

4. You mention it took me days to get the turbo looked at. It is called life. I didn't just get the package and run over to my local shop and ask them to look over the turbo. I have to find time to get down there and ask them about a part. I have work, life, responsibilities that time up my time.

So who is the one coming onto a forum to character assassinate a person without giving the whole side of the story or giving the other person a shot at giving their side? You don't know me nor would I want to know you. Go onto a forum and try to trash someone without giving them a chance....I thought of doing the same to you and posting it on your build post but I held off and decided to do the more mature method.

You want some character or judgement attacks? I read your build post and other posts about how you bought a 150K Mile GTI and the engine went on you? Who would buy a GTI with that many miles on it without making sure it was in good health? Actually who would buy a 2010 GTI that many miles period? Unless you can do the work yourself it was a dumb decision. See that how that works. I only put this up on the forum as an example of what it looks like when you just make assumptions and don't give the other side of the story. Maybe you got the car for a great price. Maybe the engine came back looking fine but the timing chain tensioner failed on you.

I could keep going but I am going to stop. I would never do a forum post like this without both sides of the story. I will take the high road and keep the turbo. You probably need the money to fix that broken GTI you bought and need the money to put on your K04 with all those mods you have or want. Enjoy the car and enjoy more years of auto motive experience.

Learn a lesson about when you are selling an item that has a lot of use and it has been inspected and then tell the potential buyers that. I learned my lesson with this purchase in those regards and to ask more questions.
A3-Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #5
A3-Owner
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
There will always be shady a55 people who will try to scam others. For me, I dealt with a shady seller on Ebay. Bought a used PPI amp, tested it and five minutes later, it started to smoke. PM'd him and we mutually agreed for me to send it back to him. A week goes by and he "claimed" he never received it. That's what you call an a55hole.
Wow........Did you read the posting? I never claimed I never got the turbo. The OP says I told him the turbo was blown. I have the turbo sitting on my work bench in my garage.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
A3-Owner
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corradoluvher View Post
Dam that sucks. I was thinking of selling my stock turbo. I guess il just keep it.
Sell it local or make sure the buyer's concerns are addressed and make sure the turbo is in good working order before you sell it.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #7
A3-Owner
Oval Newbie

So I checked your build thread and it seems the same behavior here is happening with Alex@Stratified. Posting without details from both sides of the story.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...=112454&page=2
Old 10-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #8
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3-Owner View Post
So I checked your build thread and it seems the same behavior here is happening with Alex@Stratified. Posting without details from both sides of the story.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...=112454&page=2
Old 10-26-2017, 10:33 AM   #9
Verserk-MK6
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG 4 door AB 6 speed GTI
well then, sooo how about dem bears.
Verserk-MK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #10
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Certainly seems like OP left out some pretty key details here. Pretty shitty to come on here and post a public thread like this blasting someone who didn't do anything wrong in my eyes.

A3Owner - Thanks for handling this with tact. I wouldn't have been so nice if it were me in your shoes.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #11
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
O shit. Wheres my popcorn?
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #12
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Sounds like more like avoid doing business with OP.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:32 AM   #13
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Sounds like more like avoid doing business with OP.
^ nailed it
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #14
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Stratified View Post
Dan, I have written this to you via email and will post it here as well:

Hi Dan, while I understand you may be upset about the tune not being completed today, please keep in mind that without datalogs from the vehicle I can’t make any tuning changes. I asked for a datalog when I sent you the instructions for the dyno prior to you getting there. I also asked for them over the phone when we talked. Nothing was sent to me. I am not quite certain what happened during the 3 hours that you were on the dyno, but I was certainly not sent any information that would allow me to tune the car.

Furthermore, the remote dyno session was something that I agreed to due to the difficulties you had getting datalogs when depressing the accelerator past the pedal detent and the car automatically downshifting. This was after we already went through several tune iterations. This was done in order to help you out at no extra charge, as the e-tune you purchased does not include live dyno tuning.

We have more than fulfilled all the requirements of our e-tune process but unfortunately you were not able to carry out the process and provide me with the data needed to tune the car in spite of me sending you clear instructions.

I have even contacted the dyno operator you were using asking what happened during the 3 hours you were on there such that no datalogs were performed or sent my way. He did not reply. When I asked you the same over the phone, you hung up on me.

I am at a loss as to what I could have done here to help the situation further. However as I mentioned via email I am happy to continue tuning your car if you’re able to provide me with some single gear pull datalogs.

This about sums up all i need to know about OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote