GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clear bra for GTI...cost question

SoCalGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
So...I just got a clear film installed on my rear bumper sill and with labor, it cost $95. Is that reasonable or should I have shopped around more?
The guy was very thorough, did a great job, but I'm asking because I wanted to get some more stuff done and was wondering if the following quotes are reasonable:

1) Clear bra for hood - $350
2) Clear bra for front bumper - $250

I don't want to get these done immediately but maybe in a couple of months.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
So...I just got a clear film installed on my rear bumper sill and with labor, it cost $95. Is that reasonable or should I have shopped around more?
The guy was very thorough, did a great job, but I'm asking because I wanted to get some more stuff done and was wondering if the following quotes are reasonable:

1) Clear bra for hood - $350
2) Clear bra for front bumper - $250

I don't want to get these done immediately but maybe in a couple of months.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

I would say that is a good price. I got the front bumper, head lights and fog lights done for $300.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Since you want this, i wouldn't wait too long, get them before you get nicks from rocks etc.

Whatnxt

Passed Driver's Ed
Paid $380 for rear bumper step, 1/3 hood, fenders , head and fog lights, complete front bumper, mirrors, door edges, and door handle cups. Was for 3M and warranty.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
your prices seem a little steep. $600 for just hood and front bumper is pretty high. the hood takes 10 mins , its the easiest one.

clownish

just clowning around
I just had Xpel Ultimate installed this week. Got the front bumper, full hood, extended fenders, mirrors, and headlights and fogs. Cost around 800 total and took around five hours total time. These guys came to my house, cleaned up, set up, and worked on the car using Xpel precut and custom cutting partial elements. They also did a fast detail over the areas they were working on before starting at my request. Mirrors took about twenty minutes, hood took about an hour and half, lights another hour, front bumper another hour and a half, and then heat gunning and smoothing everything out. Everything is wrapped over the edges, with all the small pieces cut out properly along the lines of the body pieces. They did a great job and there is absolutely no trapped dirt or permanent bubbles.

jsh1120

Ready to race!
Recommend that you include at least the headlights/foglights. They can be VERY expensive to replace.

jni3

Ready to race!
Since you want this, i wouldn't wait too long, get them before you get nicks from rocks etc.

exactly. i paid $1200 for the complete front end (entire hood, fenders, bumper, headlights), mirrors, rocker panels, a-pillars, front of sunroof, top of rear bumper, door edges. over $1k cheaper than other places in the area.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
exactly. i paid $1200 for the complete front end (entire hood, fenders, bumper, headlights), mirrors, rocker panels, a-pillars, front of sunroof, top of rear bumper, door edges. over $1k cheaper than other places in the area.

Um... isn't that how much it costs to repaint that entire area... ?

jni3

Ready to race!
Um... isn't that how much it costs to repaint that entire area... ?

um...maybe by midas but not any reputable shop. the entire area that i mentioned, i think not....

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
Has anyone seen how a clear bra looks after it gets old?
Has anyone tried to remove a clear bra?

jni3

Ready to race!
i've had one my one of my vehicles for four years and i haven't noticed anything (yellowing or discoloration) but it's a black cherry paint. the installer that did my gives a lifetime warranty and will replace the entire film when it starts discoloring. not too many people like that, i'm sure.

Shore GTI

Ready to race!
i've had one my one of my vehicles for four years and i haven't noticed anything (yellowing or discoloration) but it's a black cherry paint. the installer that did my gives a lifetime warranty and will replace the entire film when it starts discoloring. not too many people like that, i'm sure.

That's good news. My sister bought a pre-owned Lexus.
The sale hinged on the dealership removing the clear bra.
It had become scratched, & weather beaten.
We were told that the removal of the clear bra, was most difficult.

jni3

Ready to race!
That's good news. My sister bought a pre-owned Lexus.
The sale hinged on the dealership removing the clear bra.
It had become scratched, & weather beaten.
We were told that the removal of the clear bra, was most difficult.

i don't know what material was used. but i seen how easy it was for the film to be removed from the installer i used. it didn't leave any residue and came off in one piece.