GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R revo stage 2+

mcomora

Ready to race!
True. But I read about the VWR throwing crazy fuel trim values. How are yours?

My friend's VWR intake essentially blew up. One of the 3 screws on the filter cover fell out and is MIA, and also the piece between the grille and the intake broke, causing a major boost leak that took him a few months of frustration and NSFW YouTube videos to try to explain. VWR did send him replacement parts free of charge, and he still swears by the VWR intake. I've only driven Rs with VWR intakes and I can say that it sounds awesome from the outside, lots of whoooooosh and turbo whistle, but it still sounds decently refined and relatively quiet from the inside. It definitely works well with both stage 1 and 2 tunes.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
My friend's VWR intake essentially blew up. One of the 3 screws on the filter cover fell out and is MIA, and also the piece between the grille and the intake broke, causing a major boost leak that took him a few months of frustration and NSFW YouTube videos to try to explain. VWR did send him replacement parts free of charge, and he still swears by the VWR intake. I've only driven Rs with VWR intakes and I can say that it sounds awesome from the outside, lots of whoooooosh and turbo whistle, but it still sounds decently refined and relatively quiet from the inside. It definitely works well with both stage 1 and 2 tunes.

Ow sorry to hear that, it was probably due to a defect in his specific kit. I have no doubt that the VWR "works great" and gives nice gains. I was referring to the fuel trims though. My Twintake worked great with my tune, and boy I had a lot of power, but this doesn't mean that it is running "properly". And that is not something you can tell untill you actually log MB032 with VCDS. Hadn't I done so I would've kept on swearing by my twintake which was actiually making the engine run way too lean (+14.5% adaptation value).
In the specific case of the VWR, it may or may not have been rectified; I do not know,; was just advising the OP to log his fuel trims to make sure all is ok. Here is an interesting read: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5920000-VWR-Intake-fuel-trims-UPDATE.

Tee1

Hi guys , its been a while havent gad the chance to get chatting , well i went with revo stage one and have it for a good few months now , very happy at the response , niddles were always up , n just more responsive . Excited at the start , but like always you looking for abit more , so my idea is stage 2 or 2+ however my request on info is much needed , whats the best harware to use and again sound is important so keeping it sporty and refined would be the aim and no heavy noises , any guidelines please much appreciated !