GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chiraqi Chat14: And You Get a MK7 GTI, And You Get a MK7 GTI, And You Get a MK7 GTI!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
Fiscally conservative, socially liberal here. I think we need to significantly tighten our financial belts, and yes, that means "hurting" some folks. IMO no one should be immune - just do a flat cut across the board... if only there was a way to make SURE it was flat across the board (and not like we have now, where they cut student college funding but yet local DMV office is still staffed to the hilt with useless idiots). I also don't care if two guys want to marry their toaster, so long as the toaster is a legally consenting adult. I'm not into weed (never done it) but I think that folks should have the freedom to use it so long as it doesn't run a danger to others (kinda like alcohol... drink all you want but go drive and hurt somebody, and there should be hell to pay.) I come from an immigrant family (Poland by way of Argentina sometime in the 60s), as does my wife (Mexico) - so I have 0 issue with immigrants, so long as it's legal.

In other words... more or less a Libertarian.

For me the challenge is: Vote for the guy who matches my thinking (Johnson) or vote for the guy that's pissing off the people I hate the most (extremists on BOTH R and D).

Johnson won't win, but it sends a message. Trump might win, and it also sends a message. Though we're all in Illinois, so it doesn't matter - this state will go D no matter how I vote.

Right now I'm just eating popcorn and enjoying watching both parties implode and eat themselves. R's are beside themselves over Trump. D's are beside themselves over Bernie. D voters are now learning how "rigged" the game is (Hillary will get the D nom, make no mistake, no matter how much of the popular vote Bernie gets). R's keep pushing their bullshit religious agenda (nothing against folks w/religion so long as they don't push it on me) and they're falling apart with all the crazy that Trump keeps saying.

That's all I have to say about that.

Well said. :clap:

Interesting to hear how people's background/experiences help inform their political views.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Those are def. ladies. You should shop the mens section bro.

These are indeed men's boots.

Adam has those Mexican horseback riding boots... Damn son, won about ten points in my book

Sent from my distraction device

These were indeed used for riding. I used to play polo and needed these + half chaps. I haven't ridden in ages. These boots are 20 years old.

"modding" not all that popular in the P-car community, other than wheels, maybe a stripe down the side. Unless you get into the trackday guys, that is.

"Talk about mods"... uhhh... has ownership of the 911 been verified? ;)

As for "every weekend"... yes... every weekend. Each weekend there is either an autocross, track day, TSD Rallye (basically "simon says" directions with cars and you go get lost in backroads), concours (detailing competition), tech sessions (how to prep your car for the track, prep it for winter storage, prep it for concours, general maintenance).

There's also social events sprinkled throughout (cars'n'coffee, etc.) - tho these usually double-up on a weekend since they're usually short, usually on Saturdays (most of the other events are on Sundays) and don't interfere with the other events.

I'm usually busy on sundays, so some meat ups on Saturday sound great. I'm just suspicious that the majority of Pcar owners are not like you and I and more like I wanna talk about how smart and rich I am and compare my investment portfolio.

Nice, I switched to my sketchers for the day.

impressive.jpg

can anyone join PCA then, or do you need a pcar?

lol @ stripes and wheels.. probably right. I believe him.. he's pretty hardcore alphamale IT crazy guy. Said his bro owns a dealership or something and had a ferrari too or some ish, i dunno. He does something big for one of the communication companies or something, can't recall. he is pretty crazytho - super hard on his son, takes it all very seriously, lol.

^^^

Alphamale IT crazy guy? What's he like?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Fiscally conservative, socially liberal here. I think we need to significantly tighten our financial belts, and yes, that means "hurting" some folks. IMO no one should be immune - just do a flat cut across the board... if only there was a way to make SURE it was flat across the board (and not like we have now, where they cut student college funding but yet local DMV office is still staffed to the hilt with useless idiots). I also don't care if two guys want to marry their toaster, so long as the toaster is a legally consenting adult. I'm not into weed (never done it) but I think that folks should have the freedom to use it so long as it doesn't run a danger to others (kinda like alcohol... drink all you want but go drive and hurt somebody, and there should be hell to pay.) I come from an immigrant family (Poland by way of Argentina sometime in the 60s), as does my wife (Mexico) - so I have 0 issue with immigrants, so long as it's legal.

In other words... more or less a Libertarian.

For me the challenge is: Vote for the guy who matches my thinking (Johnson) or vote for the guy that's pissing off the people I hate the most (extremists on BOTH R and D).

Johnson won't win, but it sends a message. Trump might win, and it also sends a message. Though we're all in Illinois, so it doesn't matter - this state will go D no matter how I vote.

Right now I'm just eating popcorn and enjoying watching both parties implode and eat themselves. R's are beside themselves over Trump. D's are beside themselves over Bernie. D voters are now learning how "rigged" the game is (Hillary will get the D nom, make no mistake, no matter how much of the popular vote Bernie gets). R's keep pushing their bullshit religious agenda (nothing against folks w/religion so long as they don't push it on me) and they're falling apart with all the crazy that Trump keeps saying.

That's all I have to say about that.

totally agree with ya!

for whatever its worth im a white guy dating a 1st generation mexican here haha

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
i knew it...... damn that Flying balls. i miss horseback riding wont lie.

I miss the chicks, I never was all that into the riding like my parents and sister. My parents have a barn and my mother is now a certified riding therapist out in CA.

Ultimately though, I'd love some property. Maybe 10 - 20 acres that I could have my shop to tinker around and a couple steer and a pony for the kid. That riding therapy is supposed to be really good for kids like him.

#Flying_Dreams cannot be achieved in this communist overpriced state.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
I miss the chicks, I never was all that into the riding like my parents and sister. My parents have a barn and my mother is now a certified riding therapist out in CA.

Ultimately though, I'd love some property. Maybe 10 - 20 acres that I could have my shop to tinker around and a couple steer and a pony for the kid. That riding therapy is supposed to be really good for kids like him.

#Flying_Dreams cannot be achieved in this communist overpriced state.

lol, i feel ya man, i would love that. and i could imagine that being therapeutic for him. it is for most people. i remember it being amazing every time i would ride.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I'm just suspicious that the majority of Pcar owners are not like you and I and more like I wanna talk about how smart and rich I am and compare my investment portfolio.

I have not seen ANY of that. I've been really active since I joined in 2009. I was also paranoid that it was going to be "that way" and stuck-up/snobby. I was completely shocked to find that it was not the case.

Damn near all of my friends I have today are folks I met through the club. A big group of us get together on holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years), get together for BBQ's, big family events, etc. Had a BBQ last summer here at my place, bunch of PCA peeps... Renner showed up too, he fell in just fine, everybody had a great time. It's a really versatile group.

Now - the AGE range is wide. There's a few guys that are in our age range (30s-early 40s), there's a few guys that are older (50s-60s). Funny thing is, we're all kinda cut from the same cloth. Get together, have a few beers, fire up the BBQ grill, tell some jokes. Definitely no "ageism" going on. When we all get together, we're all enthusiasts of the brand. Talk sometimes centers around the cars (cars we own, cars we'd like to own, cars coming up), sometimes it centers around work, or fighting with our wives, or.... It really ranges.

It's good people. I generally am friends with the autocross/trackday/tech crowd, though there are some of them that do all of the above (buddy Bob and his wife are a good example... they do just about all our DE's, all AX's, concour and rallye their Cayman R, and have a new GT4 on order).

If anything, the only snobbiness I've seen is over beer LOL. I'm not a big beer guy but most of the guys I know from the club are pretty into oddball beers.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
At PCA autocross, both times I went I got the cold shoulder from people working the cones. Until they looked at the timing data. Then all of the sudden everyone was friendly. Weird. :bellyroll:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I'll be able to do a better job at introducing new people this year and working them into the fold since I'm no longer the AX coordinator. :)

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
I have not seen ANY of that. I've been really active since I joined in 2009. I was also paranoid that it was going to be "that way" and stuck-up/snobby. I was completely shocked to find that it was not the case.

Damn near all of my friends I have today are folks I met through the club. A big group of us get together on holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years), get together for BBQ's, big family events, etc. Had a BBQ last summer here at my place, bunch of PCA peeps... Renner showed up too, he fell in just fine, everybody had a great time. It's a really versatile group.

Now - the AGE range is wide. There's a few guys that are in our age range (30s-early 40s), there's a few guys that are older (50s-60s). Funny thing is, we're all kinda cut from the same cloth. Get together, have a few beers, fire up the BBQ grill, tell some jokes. Definitely no "ageism" going on. When we all get together, we're all enthusiasts of the brand. Talk sometimes centers around the cars (cars we own, cars we'd like to own, cars coming up), sometimes it centers around work, or fighting with our wives, or.... It really ranges.

It's good people. I generally am friends with the autocross/trackday/tech crowd, though there are some of them that do all of the above (buddy Bob and his wife are a good example... they do just about all our DE's, all AX's, concour and rallye their Cayman R, and have a new GT4 on order).

If anything, the only snobbiness I've seen is over beer LOL. I'm not a big beer guy but most of the guys I know from the club are pretty into oddball beers.

word, I'll give it a shot Jim.

At PCA autocross, both times I went I got the cold shoulder from people working the cones. Until they looked at the timing data. Then all of the sudden everyone was friendly. Weird. :bellyroll:

Must be cuz BMW ... dunno.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh wow. you are cool in my book already. loves the mexis, i dig this guy

the mexis are the best, beat all the white birds around here (dupage county)

the tempers though. :23:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
I'll be able to do a better job at introducing new people this year and working them into the fold since I'm no longer the AX coordinator. :)
I'm looking forward to this year for sure. Hopefully the new coordinator is accommodating of guests/numbers. And in the afternoon everyone did seem to warm up to me. Just it was super awkward/cliquey in the mornings during the first run set. PCA events are good fun and lots of runs.

Must be cuz BMW ... dunno.
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.