GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfiring

hoskins_nick

I have a 2013 vw gti with 70,000 mi. A couple of weeks ago and coil pack went so I replaced it. A week later it misfires again so I replaced the rest of the coil packs and the spark plugs as well. Now two days ago I was getting on the highway it started to misfire again. Here is the thing it only does it when I go more than half throttle, but under normal driving conditions it's fine. I put a code reader on and it is telling me random misfires in cylinders 2,3 and 4. Why not cylinder 1? Can anyone help?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hoskins_nick

Not as far as I know. Idk if the previous owner did anything with it but as far as I know it's stock.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Check plug gap.

Are you tuned? If so you will want to get R8 coil packs(Red Tops), they hold up a lot better than our stock ones. Also since you did all new plugs make sure they are properly gaped and torqued down to the right spec.

hoskins_nick

Check plug gap.

Are you tuned? If so you will want to get R8 coil packs(Red Tops), they hold up a lot better than our stock ones. Also since you did all new plugs make sure they are properly gaped and torqued down to the right spec.
I have the Apr stage 1 flash

hoskins_nick

Pulled the old spark plugs myself and a friend and the plugs that were in it looked like they never been changed bought brand new ones and haven't had a problem with them check engine light still on and need to see why ? Does it need to be reset?

mlody91

Ready to race!
Pulled the old spark plugs myself and a friend and the plugs that were in it looked like they never been changed bought brand new ones and haven't had a problem with them check engine light still on and need to see why ? Does it need to be reset?

You need to reset it yourself. If you're at 70k you should really look into getting the carbon gunk cleaned off your valves and fuel injectors. I recently did the cleaning myself after experiencing cold start random misfiring. After the cleaning, no more misfiring and MPGs jumped up to 34 on the highway when previously the best I can do was 29.

When you end up getting it done, make sure they pull all your injectors out and clean the tips. Most leave theirs in if they don't come off with the manifold but all mine came off and they were absolutely caked with carbon which explained the intermittent low fuel codes I had :thumbdown: