GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Mostic

Go Kart Champion

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
It’s not expensive and I am afraid it maybe horrible like the CTS one.

These guys make a lot of manifolds for a lot of applications. Their stuff is quality. I’ve been tracking this for awhile now with the owner. If I didn’t already have an APR manifold and other projects that are higher priority I’d be swapping to this.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
These guys make a lot of manifolds for a lot of applications. Their stuff is quality. I’ve been tracking this for awhile now with the owner. If I didn’t already have an APR manifold and other projects that are higher priority I’d be swapping to this.

Any idea how well it flows? I've heard that ones like the ATP manifold flow poorly so getting anything above 400 is gonna be hard. Also i'm guess a manifold that doesn't flow too well will have higher egts.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Any idea how well it flows? I've heard that ones like the ATP manifold flow poorly so getting anything above 400 is gonna be hard. Also i'm guess a manifold that doesn't flow too well will have higher egts.

The ATP manifold is a primitive log style manifold. This is an equal length twin scroll design. There’s no way to know until someone tries it. I’m sure it’ll flow better than the ATP though. How much power are you looking to make? Do you have direct port meth?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
The ATP manifold is a primitive log style manifold. This is an equal length twin scroll design. There’s no way to know until someone tries it. I’m sure it’ll flow better than the ATP though. How much power are you looking to make? Do you have direct port meth?

Probably about 525-550 whp out of a GTX3071. Direct port meth along with aux port injection are both in the plans

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I think that’s beyond that turbo. You’ll probably need an 3076 and a fully built motor.

Planning on a full build and a 3076 at first with a goal of ~600 but don't feel like building the transmission for that extra 75 hp. If the 71 cant get there i'll go with the 3076, just wanted to get the power on as early as I can since the 76 will probably be pretty high up there by the time it comes in.