GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seattle Tuners

MikeBoatr

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

I need to have my ECU upgraded to stage II (so not a big job, but...). So, I know everyone loves Achtuning, and they did my stage 1 and they're alright, but I'm in Oly, and Redmond is a PITA (it's 405, I don't hate the Eastside per say, just 405). Anyway, there's a shop in N Seattle on Aurora - Fine Tuning - Anyone have any experience with them? Anyone know of any other shops in the area?

mundo1

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

I need to have my ECU upgraded to stage II (so not a big job, but...). So, I know everyone loves Achtuning, and they did my stage 1 and they're alright, but I'm in Oly, and Redmond is a PITA (it's 405, I don't hate the Eastside per say, just 405). Anyway, there's a shop in N Seattle on Aurora - Fine Tuning - Anyone have any experience with them? Anyone know of any other shops in the area?

I've heard really good things about fine tuning but never dealt with them. Did my audi recently at achtuning, the drive wasn't that bad early in the day. I'm in Oly as well

MikeBoatr

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! I'd heard good things too, but nothing recent. I know the haul to achtuning isn't too bad, but I've got to miss work to pull it off so I try to keep it short.

MikeBoatr

Passed Driver's Ed
FYI: I went to Achtuning... they did great, walk-in, super easy.

I e-mailed Fine Tuning, the dude told me I'd have to leave it there all day... I responded with essentially (but more politely) "Really? It's a 30 minute tune!" and never heard back from the guy, so I say f*ck 'em, if they don't have time for the small jobs, they don't have time for the big jobs.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
You could go to Futrell Autowerks in Hillsboro, OR...but Achtuning would probably be closer.

meph

Ready to race!
Chris at Fine Tuning is great guy. He is really good at diagnosing problems, and he specializes in older VWs.
He is always super busy and he has some young kids in the shop. He does more maintenance/repairs than tunes.

Achtuning is more geared towards tuning and performance upgrades not much repairs.

I would go to Achtuning for a reflash, i would go to Chris for service.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Chris at Fine Tuning is great guy. He is really good at diagnosing problems, and he specializes in older VWs.
He is always super busy and he has some young kids in the shop. He does more maintenance/repairs than tunes.

Achtuning is more geared towards tuning and performance upgrades not much repairs.

I would go to Achtuning for a reflash, i would go to Chris for service.

Wait are you into photography and cars too? Is that your Flickr?