GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Myth-Busted: 2.0 TSI upgraded injectors mystery solved.

SkyNet

I’m going to install TTE480 on 2.0TSI engine. What injectors could you recommend for 450bhp setup? 0261500112? My tuner recommend 07K906036G.

These are RS3 8V injectors. Would these fit and be sufficient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
I’m not sure mk7 golf r injectors are the best solution. To make new harness for 112 injectors isn’t hard work for me indeed but they have more capacity as I see. Forged rods are installed already.

ill sell you my 112 injectors and harness when theyre out of the car towards the end of the month. pm me if youre interested

mars2

Ready to race!
MK7 R injector should be plenty enough for 450 crank HP. ( no way TTE 480 make 450 Whp)
MK7 R injector can go up to 400WHP with E30. so even more without ethanol
You will also need a VIS stage 2 HPFP or other brand that fit your Tiguan. so that you have enough mid range fueling and can push to 190 bar so you also have some top end good fueling.

cons

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks to all for your answers. Tiguan fuel system isn't bad indeed. LPFP is the same as RSQ3 one, hpfp is standard for EA888 motor. I didn't hear about any problem with it. One question is about fuel injectors - what is better for good fueling? 112 injectors have great capacity and they are proven in big turbo projects. But we need to make right harness for it. 07K906036G injectors from RS3 facelift model seems to be plug and play for EA888 engine and have good potential for tuning. RS3 2.5l engine may be tuned for 600+ crank hp with stock injectors. It means 120Hp/each cylinder or 480 hp for 2.0l engine.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Thanks to all for your answers. Tiguan fuel system isn't bad indeed. LPFP is the same as RSQ3 one, hpfp is standard for EA888 motor. I didn't hear about any problem with it. One question is about fuel injectors - what is better for good fueling? 112 injectors have great capacity and they are proven in big turbo projects. But we need to make right harness for it. 07K906036G injectors from RS3 facelift model seems to be plug and play for EA888 engine and have good potential for tuning. RS3 2.5l engine may be tuned for 600+ crank hp with stock injectors. It means 120Hp/each cylinder or 480 hp for 2.0l engine.
Isn't the rs3 direct and port injected though?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Isayfuk

Hello. I've read about 19 pages of this thread and could not get a concrete answer. My car has APR 3+ injectors. One is bad and the others are perfect. Will the Cobalt one work? I really don't want to replace them all and retune.

Thank you.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Hello. I've read about 19 pages of this thread and could not get a concrete answer. My car has APR 3+ injectors. One is bad and the others are perfect. Will the Cobalt one work? I really don't want to replace them all and retune.

Thank you.

I don’t think anyone has been able to identify for sure what the APR 3+ injectors are. There’s been a lot of speculation, but not enough to trust and just swap in one. And define “bad”? What’s wrong with it? Just need a cleaning? Carbon has been known to build up on the tips and fubar the spray pattern. Compounding an already less than ideal spray pattern.

Isayfuk

I don’t think anyone has been able to identify for sure what the APR 3+ injectors are. There’s been a lot of speculation, but not enough to trust and just swap in one. And define “bad”? What’s wrong with it? Just need a cleaning? Carbon has been known to build up on the tips and fubar the spray pattern. Compounding an already less than ideal spray pattern.

The seal went and the injector is literally melted. Only after it washed the walls and blew the rings did I find this out...

So, I should replace every injector?

Isayfuk

Curious of your thoughts on this. Apparently they keep their APR Stage 3+ injectors top secret. They don't sell them outside of the kit. They don't give a part number or anything. I actually got a hold of a rep, he looked into it, and he said they're plain stock injectors that come in the kit...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Curious of your thoughts on this. Apparently they keep their APR Stage 3+ injectors top secret. They don't sell them outside of the kit. They don't give a part number or anything. I actually got a hold of a rep, he looked into it, and he said they're plain stock injectors that come in the kit...

This is factually incorrect.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
This is factually incorrect.

Which part Arin? Can you just solve this mystery once and for all? Us 3+ owners are pretty much flying blind when it comes to tuning and the capabilities of these injectors. Are they proprietary or are they an off the shelf part for an obscure ROW vehicle?

Isayfuk

Why must we pay thousands to rebuy a kit that costs thousands... And doesn't even exist anymore... To replace injectors? Why would APR make it so we must spend hundreds on new injectors and go through the trouble of returning? Not the most considerate customer service...