GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 01-25-2019, 12:14 PM   #239
somerset9
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2007 GTI 6MT
If you think this forum is dead, check out the mkv forum haha!
Most people I know from the mk6 days have switched over to the mk7...I bucked the trend by going with the mkv.

I've become something of a PQ35 apologist...I'm not fully on the MQB bandwagon.
somerset9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:09 PM   #240
NewGuy
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI - 5dr - DSG
This forum is really only dead relatively speaking. Its still getting a surplus of new owners and returning vets. As prices for GTIs drop to the more budget/modder friendly area we'll see a small growing but nothing compared to the year or two after the first MK6 launch
NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #241
torga
Autocross Champion

Drives: '11 GTI - 6MT - 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyDiko View Post
For what little my opinion's worth, I think all the Golfmk(x).com forums should be merged, because each generation of the car will introduce an exodus of folks out of the predecessor's forum. If we were a single forum, it would be a booming forum.

Though, I will say that the GTI community isn't as tight-knit as say the WRX community. Moreover, there seems to be separation between the generations on and offline. It feels like Mk7 drivers don't even acknowledge my Mk6. Whereas even my beater 09 Impreza is noticed and welcomed in the modified Subaru communities.

...Maybe it's just me...
I agree on the loose-knit family. I used to be a Toyota guy (I still am, but I used to be, too) and that enthusiast group sticks together through thick and thin, across models and generations. All the Celica, Supra, Corolla and MR-2 guys live together in harmony.
When I pass another GTI/R, whether it be a 6 or a 7, I always look but generally the other owners don't care.
torga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #242
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by torga View Post
I agree on the loose-knit family. I used to be a Toyota guy (I still am, but I used to be, too) and that enthusiast group sticks together through thick and thin, across models and generations. All the Celica, Supra, Corolla and MR-2 guys live together in harmony.
When I pass another GTI/R, whether it be a 6 or a 7, I always look but generally the other owners don't care.
yep relatable

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:09 PM   #243
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Generally the ones who don't mod don't care. When i see a GTI or R modded I'll try a nod sometimes i get a wave or nod back sometimes i get a nice pull. Most the time my nod goes unnoticed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk