GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed H&R Super Sport Springs, Koni STR.T struts, and Spacers

derilict

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep, reviving an old thread. Glad I ran across this, I'm looking at the exact same set up (H&R SS and Koni orange), esp since Tirerack has Konis on sale right now :) I'd be pairing with 18X8.5, so hopefully no issues.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/koni-str-dot-t-suspension-kit-10-13-golf-98-05-golf-jetta

has anyone ordered from moddedeuros? do they offer the H&R Super Sport springs or just the Sport springs with this kit?

I WANT the normal H&R Sport springs because they don't drop the car as far as the super sports, i want a little gap for cornering and wheel movement

I will be selling my Sport springs shortly. $130 pick up or plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/koni-str-dot-t-suspension-kit-10-13-golf-98-05-golf-jetta

has anyone ordered from moddedeuros? do they offer the H&R Super Sport springs or just the Sport springs with this kit?

I WANT the normal H&R Sport springs because they don't drop the car as far as the super sports, i want a little gap for cornering and wheel movement

I've ordered from these guys before, excellent pricing and great customer service!
The deal that they have right now IS for the Koni Orange's with the Sport version H&R springs.
These struts/shocks are entry level.
a little bit better than OEM, but nothing like the Yellows or Golds.
if you were to run the Orange's with Super Sports, the ride would be better than with OEM, but still isn't highly recommended if comfort is what you're after.

I have a buddy running Orange's with Super Sports on a 4dr GTI, He's happy about the price and daily on highway travel, but sometimes regrets the Performance aspects, or there lack of on twistys and spirited ventures in the hills.

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Really? the STR.T's are that close to OEM? that a bummer, looks like Koni yellow kit if its still on sale or save up for bilstein PSS. you said Koni golds(which im assuming are these Koni FSD's)

http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/koni-fsd-shocks-2100-4016

are those closer to Koni yellows in performance or more like bilstein PSS coils?

keep in mind when I say Koni yellows or golds I mean both have H&r sport springs, dont think id want the super sports, because i think the only difference between the two springs is the drop I dont want more than 1 inch or 1.2 inches. want a little wheel gap for function.

And please keep in mind the whole reason for this is to increase grip, agility, handling and to decrease body roll, if I have to give away comfort thats perfectly fine, like 70% stiff and 30% comfort, just seems like people who get Koni yellows or FSD's are only talking about bounce and comfort they dont really speak on performace which worries me

Last edited:

senseless1707

Ready to race!

Install complete loving this setup.

ewgrosschris

Ready to race!
Ordered str.t's and HRSS. Hope to achieve a good drop and have better performance and feel more planted on highways and twists.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I like this setup...

some people have said 10/15mm spacers rubs (mainly in the rear), but OP says he didn't experience this... maybe 8/12.5 would be good to play it safe.

Glad this thread got revived, this seems like a great budget option if you don't care about adjustment.