GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I’d move to a place you really want to live. Once you start a career and a family it’s very difficult to move.

Amen to that. Don't wanna uproot the kids once they get old enough to have friends, etc.

And ditto to the comment about wife jobs. No good if only one of you can find work.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I run a team of software developers. I wouldn't call it "working with computers" We have help desk for that kind of stuff.

LOL

My mom keeps thinking she can get me a job where she works. "You work with computers. We have lots of computer people here."

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
:lol:

"Mom, I'm not a computer janitor!"

Did anyone else just picture Omnis mom like this..

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
(sees car shirt)

Hey you like cars? my car does 0-60 in 7 seconds !

Yup.

:lol:

"Mom, I'm not a computer janitor!"

Yup.

I did CAD work throughout and for a few years after High School. Worked for a firm doing Civil and Structural Engineering, and another firm doing basic architecture. It was a good way to gain experience in a "professional environment."

But that was back in the mid-late 90s.

My mom still sends me job postings for CAD draftsmen positions at her work.

Thanks mom... but no, I'm not doing that anymore and no, I don't want to go back to working for $14/hr.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Yup.

Yup.

I did CAD work throughout and for a few years after High School. Worked for a firm doing Civil and Structural Engineering, and another firm doing basic architecture. It was a good way to gain experience in a "professional environment."

But that was back in the mid-late 90s.

My mom still sends me job postings for CAD draftsmen positions at her work.

Thanks mom... but no, I'm not doing that anymore and no, I don't want to go back to working for $14/hr.

That’s how I got into IT as well. Drawing the Brewers Stadium roofing system after the crane fell paid for my Sophomore year of college.

Side note, the El Camino lives again. Doesn’t brake so well though. I must have air in the master and need to sort that out. The proportioning valve makes no difference.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
CAD in the 90s? That sounds terrible

It was great. I had a big pad and memorized most of the autocad keyboard shortcuts. Since I started in cad versus the existing draftsman, I could outdraw him 4:1 easily. He had better style and I would just copy it and bang out work while I chewed sum flower seeds and drank my dew.

I wouldn’t say the construction company I worked at prepared me for proper corporate life though. Those guys played by very different rules of conduct.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah in HS we had the giant tablets.

I was faster with the keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys. I was fast with AutoCAD. Actually wound up with my own legit registered copy at home I was doing it so much.

AutoCAD OG's should remember the old sample DWG of the Space Shuttle...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It was great. I had a big pad and memorized most of the autocad keyboard shortcuts. Since I started in cad versus the existing draftsman, I could outdraw him 4:1 easily. He had better style and I would just copy it and bang out work while I chewed sum flower seeds and drank my dew.

I wouldn’t say the construction company I worked at prepared me for proper corporate life though. Those guys played by very different rules of conduct.

Wow. Looks kind of fun actually, i didnt think it would be so advanced around that era of computers. Did not know either of you had a background in CAD, impressive.
Yeah in HS we had the giant tablets.

I was faster with the keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys. I was fast with AutoCAD. Actually wound up with my own legit registered copy at home I was doing it so much.

AutoCAD OG's should remember the old sample DWG of the Space Shuttle...

Wow. What are these hotkeys you are both talking about? i dabbled in cad in jr high, that was about it for me. When i got to highschool they discontiuned a lot of those technology style classes. Shame really, i had a fun time designing mini c02 car in jr high drag race

Status
Not open for further replies.