GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

253 mm rotors

muchograssias

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my brakes, but I am struggling to find a kit or manufacture that makes a replacement rotor. I have seen some mk6 jetta gli kits that are 253 mm and I'm wondering if that would fit on my gti? Does anyone have an experience with this, or know if any kits?

madbikes

Ready to race!
That doesn't sound right. What year is yours?

muchograssias

I could be totally wrong. I thought that I read that halfway through 2011 vw changed the rear rotor size. I have a 2011. I just tried to measure them and it was around 273 mm, contradicting what I thought. Just confused at this point....

AM407

Autocross Champion
Yes, there was a change from 2010 to 2011. I believe 2010 is 282/286 and 2011 and later is 272. Neither of them are 253.

Not sure why you're having trouble finding rotors. Just go to any site (I like Rockauto and ECS) and punch in your year and model. You'll get plenty of options for rotors, pads and whatever you need.

Roctre

Ready to race!
I could be totally wrong. I thought that I read that halfway through 2011 vw changed the rear rotor size. I have a 2011. I just tried to measure them and it was around 273 mm, contradicting what I thought. Just confused at this point....

Some early 2011 have the bigger rear rotors the easy way to check is look at your brake line fitting. If it has a banjo bolt it is the smaller and if it screws in it will be the bigger rotors.