GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage I thoughts

JustinT

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I did research on a Revo tune and have a 25% off voucher. The shop doing the work also is charging me no labor. I tried to see other threads but it seems people keep fighting between tunes. For others with experience, how do you like Revo Stage I?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Just do it, all off the shelf tunes are basically the same. Some just have a few ponies more than others. Stage 1 is a night and day difference, any tune you go with will put a grin on your face. Just be sure to upgrade your coil packs and be prepared to upgrade your DV along with your clutch if manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinT

Ready to race!
Just do it, all off the shelf tunes are basically the same. Some just have a few ponies more than others. Stage 1 is a night and day difference, any tune you go with will put a grin on your face. Just be sure to upgrade your coil packs and be prepared to upgrade your DV along with your clutch if manual

Yeah, I have the Neuspeed Power Module but every time I shift it gives me a really bad power cut. I contacted them but they have no answer. Already have a Stage II clutch installed already

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I have the Neuspeed Power Module but every time I shift it gives me a really bad power cut. I contacted them but they have no answer. Already have a Stage II clutch installed already

In that case I'd get the downpipe and go straight to stage 2. Most tunes charge an upgrade fee going from stage 1 to stage 2, but it's up to you. Stage 1 itself powers up the car to super saiyan 1 lol

JustinT

Ready to race!
In that case I'd get the downpipe and go straight to stage 2. Most tunes charge an upgrade fee going from stage 1 to stage 2, but it's up to you. Stage 1 itself powers up the car to super saiyan 1 lol

Hahah, I'm not really a speeder just wanted a little extra from the car. Plus, NJ has stricter rules with emissions etc

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Hahah, I'm not really a speeder just wanted a little extra from the car. Plus, NJ has stricter rules with emissions etc

That's what they all say lol at least that's how I started before the mod bug bit me and spread the infection. It's true.

Then stage 1 is more than enough, it'll improve the low end and minimize turbo lag. Plus it'll increase the number of smiles on your way to work

Mostic

Go Kart Champion

No problem with emissions, you can go for down pipe with race catalytic, and I think this will be enough.
Revo is a very good company and I had their tunes for almost 2 years starting from stage1 to stage3 K04, just flash your car and enjoy the differences :)

JustinT

Ready to race!
That's what they all say lol at least that's how I started before the mod bug bit me and spread the infection. It's true.

Then stage 1 is more than enough, it'll improve the low end and minimize turbo lag. Plus it'll increase the number of smiles on your way to work

Glad to hear! I'll keep you updated man thank you

JustinT

Ready to race!
No problem with emissions, you can go for down pipe with race catalytic, and I think this will be enough.
Revo is a very good company and I had their tunes for almost 2 years starting from stage1 to stage3 K04, just flash your car and enjoy the differences :)

Got it! Thank you man, stay well

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
No problem man. It literally takes less than an hour to reflash the ecu with the tune, you'll be a happy citizen from NJ lol

In for updates :)

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I went with Revo as well. I had Revo on my mk4 Gli and loved it. Got a good deal going with Revo on my mk6 Gti (I think 25% off too) and haven’t had a problem with them. Went stage 1 and now stage 2 with them.

I did think I had an issue with fuel cutoff last winter with their tune but I now think it wasn’t tune related. Still haven’t fixed the issue as it would only happen when extremely cold. We’ll find out soon enough with winter returning! But I think it was the stability/traction control system not playing nice with my winter tires.

Go with the Revo tune if your getting a good deal on it.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I put Revo Stg. 1 on my car at 40k miles and currently at 129k miles, with no issues with upgraded plugs and R8 coils every 30-35k miles. The tune has been great so far but it hasn't been without issues.

1. If you don't have a DSG tune (like me), driving in auto becomes frustrating. When you want 50% acceleration, the DSG kicks down to many gears and accelerates as if you are at 100% throttle. This is strictly a DSG issue.

2. In 80F+ degrees w/ AC...the tune cuts timing...A LOT. But you get use to it and learn how to match your driving style to the tune