GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD510 Many Bluetooth & SD reader questions

Black Rob

Hi All,
As you can see I am new and this is my first post.
My wife just bought herself a 2010 Golf 6 Comfortline, it came with a RCD510 headunit and fancy steering wheel buttons.

The bluetooth function is always greyed out, so there is no way to do anything with it. I have looked under the seats and there is no bluetooth box (perhaps it was nicked?) and no sign of the end of the harness.
I have tried finding it with my iPhone SE and a very old Nokia I bought back at the start of 2010, but there are no devices available.
Is it possible the bluetooth unit is built in\or behind the headunit?
If not, and I need to install a new Bluetooth unit does anyone have any info on running the cables all the way to under the seats or is it possible to have a bluetooth unit directly plugged into the back of the headunit?
What Bluetooth unit do I need? I have seen many references to an 9w7.

Also in the car there was an SD card with bad (not our taste) music, however when I have put better music on the SD card the headunit does not recognise the SD card - I have formatted the SD card to FAT32 and NTFS but without luck.

Is it possible to swap out the 3.5mm jack input for USB?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Leon00355

I'm having the same issue with my golf 2.0 tdi 2009. No bt module under the seat. The sd card sometimes gives errors. I tried to clean the folders from any bad mp3 file. Some mp3 files were talking ages to fully read even with windows so i got rid of them. But there are still reading problems. I think there are more mp3 which are not properly set.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
I trashed the stock headunit and slipped a pioneer in it's place. Has carplay/android auto and built in bluetooth. Kept the steering wheel buttons as well.

Excellent upgrade for 500 bucks imho.

ymmv