GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Shades of grey" my 2011 ug build

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Me & the wife put a deposit down on a 2011 4 door united grey dsg gti today, and I plan to pick it up by the end of the month. I would have gotten it today, but my wife has been looking for a cc v6 4-motion and there happened to be a certified one on the lot today & we had to jump on it. She'll pick it up on monday & this will be her 3rd dub. Gotta keep the wife happy first.

I'm coming from the mkv world & this will be my 6th euro build. I can't wait to get started. I have a plan for some unique touches, but I won't be getting as radical as my mkv. I have to keep this car in dd condition. I will be treating myself though to some bbs's. Stay tuned.

RAYZGTI

Ready to race!
NICE

I FEEL YOU ON THAT ONE HOMMIE I DID THE SAME THING!HAA GOT HER A 2011 rLINE HERES OURS(I MEAN HERS) HAHAHAH

Attachments

• gti and cc pics 045.jpg
    gti and cc pics 045.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 295
  • gti and cc pics 040.jpg
    gti and cc pics 040.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 323

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
I FEEL YOU ON THAT ONE HOMMIE I DID THE SAME THING!HAA GOT HER A 2011 rLINE HERES OURS(I MEAN HERS) HAHAHAH

Very nice! If the wife isn't happy, nobody is happy:D I don't mind waiting a few more weeks.

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
oooooo....i want one of those too but i think the next car will be the new gli for my wife

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
nice! can't wait to see the GTI and what you do with it. Love CC's, btw...

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
? Go with used BBS lm's 18x8+40 18x9+42 that I'll need to use wobble bolts with or buy new BBS CH's 18x8 et50 drilled for 5x112? This will also be a daily. I'm leaning more towards the CH, but also wouldn't mind the LM's even though I'll have to eventually break them down & rebuild them.

Last edited:

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
? Go with used BBS lm's 18x8+40 18x9+42 that I'll need to use wobble bolts with or buy new BBS CH's 18x8 et50 drilled for 5x112? This will also be a daily. I'm leaning more towards the CH, but also wouldn't mind the LM's even though I'll have to eventually break them down & rebuild them.

How much are you going to save on the used wheels?

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
How much are you going to save on the used wheels?

Well they both are around the same amount the used lm's or new ch's come in around the 2k mark. New lm's for me will be around 5k:(

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I would just buy them from www.tirerack.com and get the right fitment off the bat.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
No need for TPMS for the 2011's :) works via the ABS modulation and you easily reset the system via a button in the glovebox. It rules...

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
No need for TPMS for the 2011's :) works via the ABS modulation and you easily reset the system via a button in the glovebox. It rules...

Ahhh that is good news & money I could use somewhere else, thanks for the info:thumbup:

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Well alot of you guys don't know me, but I also go by the name pitbull592 on the forums. I changed it for a fresh start, but I was one of the first members here back in 08.

I built up a mkv gti that did very well in the scene to my surprise. I built it for myself, but the fact that she got 15+ first place trophies, 3 best of shows & a spot in top dawg was validation of my work. Along with a et feature, a build article in pvw & had 8 contributing sponsors which really was humbling.

I sold my mkv when my son was born last year, because a dedicated two seater didn't seem practical to me anymore & I took a year off from the scene to concentrate on my family & health.

Well, I was at the dealership today & They'll have my MKVI for me in about two weeks. I've loved the MK6 since I first saw it. I'm excited to say I contacted all my old sponsors & everyone is willing to work with me again. I admit my mkv became a bit overwhelming, and I want to do it different this time around. I had a new .:R on deposit, but I took it off because I just think it will be overkill for my needs. I plan to keep this car oem+ clean, but will add a few custom touches of my own to make it unique for me.

I really like the work everyone has been doing on here & it seems like there is a good sense of community on this forum. I plan to go to wf & show, so I look forward to meeting some of you there. Of course it will take time for me to get my car back up to a level that I'm happy with, but I should be at least mod 1/2 status by the summer. You can't miss me at the shows, just look for the guy with all the ink:thumbsup:

Last edited: