GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Random Rant Time

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
. For some reason it feels more intrusive or pushy, but maybe it's just the logical next step in asking for tips...It never occurred to me.

I completely agree with this. The first time i was like wtf? but then as i was sitting there eating im like.. well that makes sense i haven't carried cash on me in like 2 years.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm not entirely sure what you are on about. You can disagree with the rant, but I am/was perfectly aware of my options during the transaction. I have an issue with asking for a tip, when a tip is reserved for servers at sit down restaurants.

Sorry to upset you, I seem to have somehow touched a raw nerve. I just didn't get your rant.

The tip is not reserved for the server. You don't realize that tips are split between servers, cashiers, cooks & dishwashers? That tip is split up many ways. I will tip, but if asked when I'm purchasing I usually don't.

My .02 for what that's worth. Life is just too short to worry about the little stuff. Rant on if it works for you. :)

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to upset you, I seem to have somehow touched a raw nerve. I just didn't get your rant.

The tip is not reserved for the server. You don't realize that tips are split between servers, cashiers, cooks & dishwashers? That tip is split up many ways. I will tip, but if asked when I'm purchasing I usually don't.

My .02 for what that's worth. Life is just too short to worry about the little stuff. Rant on if it works for you. :)

I'm not upset, your comment just didn't have much substance. I'm aware that at places that do not have servers, the tip is for all the employees. I do tip at local shops that I frequent often, bc I know the people and the service is great. It was, as lilonespaz discovered, the perceived intrusiveness that I didn't like about asking for a tip on the card reader.

The reason for the rant is to get other peoples perspective or thoughts on my experience. And since I know none of you and it's the internet, people are more than happy to tell you exactly how they feel. The exchange of ideas and perspective is the best thing about the internet. Although, most of the time one is trolled or just simply shit on.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
So... you're mad about just the tip?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Seriously watch it, it's one of the better episodes of the newer ones
south park always hits most social justice things direct and fair.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Best part about living in Japan, perfect service and I don't have to tip.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'll gripe about Panera too.. they got rid of the best bagel variety they had on the menu. Jalapeno Cheddar. Was super pissed and haven't gotten breakfast from them since then.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I don't mind the question, its just the fact that the tell you the question is coming up and then look at you in anticipation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk