GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yep another 2.5L turbo thread

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
WW, you're a tease :laugh:

You get the 2.5 guys as well as the GTI guys looking at the thread.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I'm seeing a few used 2.5 Turbo manifolds being posted for sale on Facebook, so was hoping you'd surprise us like you did with the IE Intake Manifold.

My Son is finished school at the End of April, so he will be taking back his Golf, I do like the little VW, I was thinking about getting another '10 when the lease runs out on my current car but hard to find one with low milage. If I go that route I may go turbo but not crazy, there is a kid driving his turbo Rabbit around and hasn't blown up so why not.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I'd consider it if I didn't have to smog the car every 2 years. I have my current setup so that it is a pretty easy swap as I never modified the original parts. I may source injectors when the swap time comes as well so it's super easy but a turbo swap would be a lot of work every 2 years.

Also, word on the street is the MK8 GTI may be somewhere around 300hp from the factory. I just read an article about it and if so I may find that hard to pass up.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
My next step is probably internals. I am keeping an I eye out for valves, rods and pistons NIB for a rebuild down the road. Have the IE valve springs already NIB. The way I drive I am due to blow the thing up before I get 150k on the clock. I'll likely buy a lower mile used motor and build it up then make the swap later when it's done.