GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
detailing season is right around the corner! super excited :D

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Finally back to summer mode! It's been a long couple months where I could not detail the car and my fiance has been daily-ing this pig. So needless to say with spring here and the hose finally thawed out, it was time to put the summer wheels back on and give her a well needed detail. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
after a fair amount of consideration, i think i've decided what car i'm going to get into next! This wont happen till after I get a house hopefully in the next 6 months or so.

Was really thinking of doing another MK7, and going IS38. But, having one of those already, and now a MK6, I just can't deal with the ride quality. Its not horrible, but the roads are just so bad, i need something a little more comfy. And I might as well switch it up a little and get something different.

But, I hate slow ass comfy luxury cars compared to sporty small tuner cars.

Really wanted an S3, (or RS3 if i was rich!!) but they don't come in manual. Love the look of them though, REALLY need a manual again.

Finally have came across and settled into a 2011-2015 S4. It seemingly checks all of my boxes:
* SUPERCHARGED! I love superchargers. Mostly for the WHIIIIIINE. Not gonna complain about turbo spool, and i know in general turbos make more high end power and are more efficient, but I miss my supercharged cobalt badly. The sound is so intoxicating. lol
* Easy to get low 400WHP, close to 400WTQ.
* Its heavy, but not TOO heavy. still drives sporty/light on it's feet
* Great ride quality
* AWD, torque vectoring, not a FWD bias like the Golf R
* Super nice inside, not quite a luxury car, love the seats
* Comes in manual, albeit hard to find.
* They go for 18-30K; try to find one in the low 20's eventually.

Only thing i don't really love about the S4 is how it looks. It's proportionally pretty good looking, has a nice low stance, so I think it would just come down to deleting all the chrome, finding some nice wheels, doing a few details, maybe an RS4 bumper if i wanna get crazy.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
A manual b8.5 S4 in a 3.0T is definitely my next car after I'm done modding my GTI and pay for a wedding. Either that or I'll wait to see if I can get my hands on a 4.2L B8 that has APR's supercharger kit on it. I had the chance to buy NGP's shop car that had that kit installed years ago and I kick myself every day for not buying it.

It is pretty blah looking stock but nicer wheels and lowering springs go a loooong way.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yes! Not my favorite looking after being into tuners for so long but I agree. Rear Lip spoiler, wheels, black out trim different grille... Pretty much good to go. Lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
You must have missed the partout a few months ago lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Well there's pretty much all my gofast parts and some visual stuff left but I got rid of almost all suspension and non-essentials a while back. Not sure what I will do if/when I move on from this car as far as a further part out.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
after a fair amount of consideration, i think i've decided what car i'm going to get into next! This wont happen till after I get a house hopefully in the next 6 months or so.

Was really thinking of doing another MK7, and going IS38. But, having one of those already, and now a MK6, I just can't deal with the ride quality. Its not horrible, but the roads are just so bad, i need something a little more comfy. And I might as well switch it up a little and get something different.

But, I hate slow ass comfy luxury cars compared to sporty small tuner cars.

Really wanted an S3, (or RS3 if i was rich!!) but they don't come in manual. Love the look of them though, REALLY need a manual again.

Finally have came across and settled into a 2011-2015 S4. It seemingly checks all of my boxes:
* SUPERCHARGED! I love superchargers. Mostly for the WHIIIIIINE. Not gonna complain about turbo spool, and i know in general turbos make more high end power and are more efficient, but I miss my supercharged cobalt badly. The sound is so intoxicating. lol
* Easy to get low 400WHP, close to 400WTQ.
* Its heavy, but not TOO heavy. still drives sporty/light on it's feet
* Great ride quality
* AWD, torque vectoring, not a FWD bias like the Golf R
* Super nice inside, not quite a luxury car, love the seats
* Comes in manual, albeit hard to find.
* They go for 18-30K; try to find one in the low 20's eventually.

Only thing i don't really love about the S4 is how it looks. It's proportionally pretty good looking, has a nice low stance, so I think it would just come down to deleting all the chrome, finding some nice wheels, doing a few details, maybe an RS4 bumper if i wanna get crazy.

Looks like an interesting prospect! What do you think about the A4 wagon? I love how those look. More special/rare than the sedan and more practical too :) Not sure if they sold an S4 wagon though.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I would indeed prefer the wagon but far as I can tell, no s4 exists in the states, and I'm really not into the a-models.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Replaced my retrofits with some UU's. Not the best pics but I don't really get to drive this thing anymore these days.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced my retrofits with some UU's. Not the best pics but I don't really get to drive this thing anymore these days.

Looks good! One of your washer caps go flying off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk