GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6, EPC light came on CEL flashing and major stuttering under boost

FishesDelicious

I was driving home yesterday and was accelerating and my car suddenly started to stutter horribly. At first nothing came on, but when I pressed it a bit more the CEL started to flash for 10-20 seconds but then went away. I kept the car at about 60 but with no boost. As soon as I tried to accelerate again the stuttering came back and the EPC light came on with the flashing CEL. CEL went away like last time if I stopped boosting but EPC light stayed on until I turned the car off.

It feels like a major boost leak or intake issue. I just had new plugs/wires and a new turbo put in about 10,000 miles ago. Also had the fuel pump replaced about 30,000 ago.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^second this

also check your evap plate and all the evap hose connections. one time one of mine popped off and gave me similar issues; just popped it back on and i was good to go!

zrickety

The Fixer
Sounds like misfires. Time to pull the new plugs and check the gaps. You may also want R8 coils if you haven't changed them yet.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Try swapping coilpacks first, see if misfire jumps to new cylinder. If not then check the cyl #3 spark plug. See if it has any oil or fuel on it. If not try swapping the plug. I recently had a similar issue and it ended up being a stuck fuel injector, easily diagnosed by single cyl misfire, gas on sparkplug and tons of smoke out of the exhaust.