GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

UberFast

Ready to race!
Anyone running one of the cts boss kits? Looking into the boss 600 possibly. Yall think that manifold would at least outflow the atp style?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Anyone running one of the cts boss kits? Looking into the boss 600 possibly. Yall think that manifold would at least outflow the atp style?

It should flow much better than the ATP one as the ATP manifold is really very bad. I would like know about it too. If it works like the TurboZentrum one then it will be very good.

UberFast

Ready to race!
I've read through a few threads about them on the mk7 forum but they're also 2 completely different designs.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!

I am getting the Boss 600 GTX3071R Gen2 kit installed on my car right now. I will let you know how it goes.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Hell yea. What other mods do you have?

I have the following-

IE Rods
ARP Head Studs
Calico Race Bearings
Nostrum HPFP
ZZP Opel Injectors and Nostrum Injectors-Nostrum going in down the road when I want more HP
TTRS LPFP
Torqbyte PM4
FluidDampr Pully
APR Intercooler
CTS Throttle Pipes
Grams TB
Porsche BBK
Tyrol MC Brace
Lots of suspension upgrades

UberFast

Ready to race!
I have the following-

IE Rods

ARP Head Studs

Calico Race Bearings

Nostrum HPFP

ZZP Opel Injectors and Nostrum Injectors-Nostrum going in down the road when I want more HP

TTRS LPFP

Torqbyte PM4

FluidDampr Pully

APR Intercooler

CTS Throttle Pipes

Grams TB

Porsche BBK

Tyrol MC Brace

Lots of suspension upgrades
Looks like a solid setup. Looking forward to the results on the boss 600 kit.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
How did the install go?

The car is going to be in the shop for a while. Engine is getting new timing chain, guides and cam bridge while in there, new metal water pump, updated intake manifold, Snow stage 1 W/M kit (injected into CTS throttle pipe) and IABED rear main seal. Turbo is out getting a ceramic coat on the manifold from a local shop but the shop said they are back logged now and the coating will take at least a week longer. Car will need to stay longer so Jeff at UM can tune it remotely so that takes time as Jeff is very, very busy. Shop has to work on other cars in between my car.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I am getting the Boss 600 GTX3071R Gen2 kit installed on my car right now. I will let you know how it goes.

Where you able to find any solid reviews or data for the boss kits for the mk6?
I have been looking and I haven’t had much luck. K04 is starting to whistle after 60k and I was considering the boss500 to replace it, but not much in the way of info have I found. Not looking to get into a guinea pig style situation either.
Seems like the boss kits for the mk7’s have spotty quality control issues. Hard to tell if that’s a kit or install/tuning issue.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Where you able to find any solid reviews or data for the boss kits for the mk6?

I have been looking and I haven’t had much luck. K04 is starting to whistle after 60k and I was considering the boss500 to replace it, but not much in the way of info have I found. Not looking to get into a guinea pig style situation either.

Seems like the boss kits for the mk7’s have spotty quality control issues. Hard to tell if that’s a kit or install/tuning issue.

I would get an atp kit just from the cost stand point. People like to trash talk the manifold and I agree it’s not the best design, but there’s a lot of people making great power with minimal issues. Andrew Bowers is one of them. You can find him on Instagram or YouTube. I think the log manifold would be fine for right in the 400whp range. Anything over that, it’s probably wise to 1. Build the motor and 2. Source a better manifold. The boss kit just leaves me with skeptical thoughts in mind. CTS has like no info or anything on that turbo kit. Or what you could do is buy CTS’s BT manifold and piece together your own kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk