GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LEVƎ˩ one MK6 build

dc.

Ready to race!
Hello,

Little background info - had the car for about two years or so but nvr really messed with it until this yr, so thought i would mk a build thread + share some pics!!

Most pictures are taken by my good friend, also from lvl one- GAWA

My car got featured on illmotion!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Check it out:

http://illmotion.com/im-highlight-dcs-volkswagen-gti-mk6/

Current state of the car:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before the GTI, I had a Honda FIT, great little car, awesome gas mileage, but the car was just too slow + bumpy.

So I decided on picking up the GTI as I am looking for something a little more refined + comfortable, and I hv always loved VWs.

2 months later I am a proud owner of a 2011 DPB 6-speed GTI.

I don't hv any pics of the car stock, but i quickly sourced out a set of H&R ultra lows and put it on the car.

In the next couple months I picked up some small mods here and there, which included:

- OEM GTI cherry red LED taillights
- OEM GTI front lip
- APR Stage 1 tune
- ColourMatched sidemarkers from John@FTC5
- Rear Wiper Delete
- Vagcoms tweaks thanks to zVp
Drove around like that for about one year and then decided my car just wasn't low enough for my liking.

So I decided on Air Suspension after countless hours of research, went on BagRiders + pulled the trigger on a set of airlift XLs with AutoPilot V2 management over the winter.

my cat was interested.:bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll:

It was in the middle of January when I picked these up so I decided to wait until March to put them on as winter was in full force. Needless to say, the wait was brutal looking at them in my basement everyday. :mad0259::mad0259::mad0259:

Finally March came around, went to AirAssisted to put them in, and here's the end result:

I couldn't be happier but i decided I need wheels to complete the look even though i love the car dumped on detriots.

I started searching around for my all-time favourite wheels, BBS LM, and after 2 months I finally found a set with the specs that I want!!

Specs are:
18 x 8.5 +38
18 x 9.5 +36

then I encountered a little set-back when my tire guy couldn't bead the 215/40/18 I got on the rear 9.5s.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I originally wanted to run 215/35/18 on the 8.5 + 215/40/18 on the 9.5s but that clearly didn't work out , so I decided to switch the 215/40/18 to the fronts and run 225/40/18 in the rear 9.5s. Put Max camber in the rear to achieve the tuck look that i want.

And here is how my car sits right now:

I have recently purchased Golf R sideskirts (reps) from Ed + will be putting them on and update with pics soon!!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Tim Han

Ready to race!
just curious, what is Level? is this some group or a team? Seen some other cars with Level stickers on : )

Powling

Ready to race!
Love everything about this car! So subtle but so epic all at once.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the Forum. Great looking ride!:w00t::clap: Curious to see the Porsche 911 parts installed......

Last edited:

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Builds like this make me question why I didn't do bags instead of coils.. Looks awesome dude