GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #127
chanthing
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 Rising Blue Golf R 4 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostgetsUlaid90 View Post
A thread i read on how to install the wiring harness says you need to recode the output stage power? Im not so sure how accurate this is i was just wondering if it is true or if this is for some other application. I was under the impression that this was more or less plug and play.
Depends on into what you are directing the output. By default, with the standard OEM sound system, the HU output is "speaker-level". I believe you mentioned to me in a PM that you are using an LC2i, in which case, the L2Ci will accept speaker-level input and "adjust" it to a level acceptable for amplifier input.

Note that some amplifiers specifically accept speaker-level inputs directly, in which case there may be a switch for selecting the appropriate setting for your configuration. The one advantage you can get from leaving the HU outputting speaker-level signals is that such signals can be (and often are) used to trigger remote on signals on these amplifiers or from a box such as your L2Ci, or a DSP, like the Mosconi 6to8 that I'm using.

-- chanthing
chanthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #128
BoostgetsUlaid90
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 tornado red GTI
For my remote line im going to run to my rear cig lighter 12v. From what i read the L2Ci is designed to hooked directly to the rear speaker cables so im assuming it will work fine.
just waiting on some more parts and ill install end of the month.

2002 B5.5 PASSAT - Stroked 1.8->2.0...
BoostgetsUlaid90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #129
chanthing
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 Rising Blue Golf R 4 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostgetsUlaid90 View Post
For my remote line im going to run to my rear cig lighter 12v. From what i read the L2Ci is designed to hooked directly to the rear speaker cables so im assuming it will work fine.
just waiting on some more parts and ill install end of the month.
The LC2i will generate a remote signal when a speaker-level signal "appears" on its input jacks. See this thread (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...t=35644&page=3) for lots of good info on using and configuring an LC2i.
chanthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #130
v.b
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: K04 rocketship
Anyone have the images from the first post archived anywhere?
v.b is offline   Reply With Quote