GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 07-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #15
back2vw
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 Golf TDI
Our Golf has the RCD-510 and 9w2 bluetooth, our 3GS iphones with 4.0 software work just fine controlled through the MDI cable and streaming audio.

There may be a newer version of iOS4 as well, may want to plug it in and check for updates? Could also very well be a problem with the plug on it I suppose.

I doubt it helps, but the version listed on my phone is 4.0 (8A293)
back2vw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
sphereman
Ready to race!

Drives: None
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWpartsman View Post
I can, but I upgraded my BT module in my GTI to 9W7 my iphone is a 3Gs with the new iOS 4 software.
I've done the same thing as you, but in the MFD I only see the Bluetooth logo and two square boxes on each side... I don't see the Battery Level icon nor do I see the Ipod ICON
sphereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
Orient Express
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 Mk6 GTI
Try this

there is new output selection available on the iOS4 system that applies to the iPod function as well as any of the streaming apps like Pandora or Slacker Radio.

The assumption is that you have the Bluetooth services active on the phone.

After you have launched Pandora or Slacker, on the iPhone screen there is probably a volume level slider on the lower part of the screen. On the right hand side of the slider is a little speaker icon that may have a bluetooth symbol on it. Tap that icon, and the iPhone will bring up a selection window that has the wired input connection and the bluetooth connection as choices. Pick the wired input, press play on the app, and then make sure the right input is selected on the radio, and everything should be fine.

I suspect that your iPhone is selecting the bluetooth audio output option rather than the wired selection.

Last edited by Orient Express; 08-03-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Orient Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #18
Fabmaclover

Drives: Golf TDI 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphereman View Post
I've done the same thing as you, but in the MFD I only see the Bluetooth logo and two square boxes on each side... I don't see the Battery Level icon nor do I see the Ipod ICON
Same problem here

Got a golf TDI 2010 added the rsn510 and the 9w7, everything is working fine execpt for the battery and ipod icons on the MFD that dont display. i tried with several iphone 4 but still no luck. I erased, repaired many times..still no luck.

anyone figured that out
Fabmaclover is offline   Reply With Quote