GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Driver Gear/VWR Spring Thread

manol

Professional Jerk

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Wildly available, and the last remaining stock for 4 doors from 1 specific website are 2 very different things.

True enough. Members have been stating that these springs are no longer available, or limited in availability for the past 3 years. I referenced only 1 website (where I buy my parts from) but others have referenced other sites that are selling them. Let's see when they actually run out...

A quick search will show you where else you can buy them.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=5K4071677A

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Ever get an answer? I am wondering if I can just use 4 door on my 2 door (6spd). Not sure why there would be a difference

4 door DSG model is about 130 lbs heavier than a 2 door 6MT. Based on this your vehicle may ride a but higher on these springs vs. those designed for 6MT.

I know people with DSG were installing springs for 6MT to get the lowest ride height out of these springs.

These springs may negatively influence the rake of your car. You might find more info on this topic if you scour this thread.

kitoyskie1285

Ready to race!
Going to Install dg springs 4door dsg pair up with koni str.t.. ecs heavy strut mount and refresh hardware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Going to Install dg springs 4door dsg pair up with koni str.t.. ecs heavy strut mount and refresh hardware

I had a set of the ECS mounts, and they squeaked like crazy right out of the box. Skip them and stick with OEM.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone have used the Sachs OE equivalent strut mounts?

They're probably identical to what's put on at the factory. Sachs is a Tier 1 supplier and they make the OEM shocks for these cars (that's what mine had from the factory, anyway).