GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For MKVI GTI - Eibach is clearance pricing R1 and R2 Multi Pro coils

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You could just buy a new set...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, no reason to do that. I teased the idea because I've been chasing a slight clunk and my mechanic said sometimes coilovers just make that noise. I don't really think it's a coilover though. They still perform just fine. I still think it's an endlink making the noise and I've already got new ones I need to install sitting in my room.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Nah, no reason to do that. I teased the idea because I've been chasing a slight clunk and my mechanic said sometimes coilovers just make that noise. I don't really think it's a coilover though. They still perform just fine. I still think it's an endlink making the noise and I've already got new ones I need to install sitting in my room.

I guess end links would be the cheaper way to go lol. Hopefully you find the clunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
They still have a set of R2's for 1827.00

Remote reservoir and dual damping control.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I want to see where people mount the front resevoirs in our engine bay.

the instructions spell out where you mount them, the problem is the passenger side uses the same mount that a lot of our catch cans use...i think ill just make a custom bracket that uses the same spot but it'll share with my catch can

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I personally didn't like at all where they advise to mount them. I went a different route and happy I did. The passenger side won't work how they describe it if you have a catch can.

Pics?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I want to see where people mount the front resevoirs in our engine bay.

YaMoBeThere

Passed Driver's Ed
Rears are tucked under the exhaust by the subframe mounts, hard to get a pic but next time I have it on a lift I will

Are you still happy with the R2's? Weighing my coilover options, originally was gonna go with ZF Sachs but they are currently on backorder. R2 way overkill for me but the price is still good.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Are you still happy with the R2's? Weighing my coilover options, originally was gonna go with ZF Sachs but they are currently on backorder. R2 way overkill for me but the price is still good.
For a track car yes. If it were driven on the street id probably have gone with the r1's without the remote resevoirs

zef

Drag Racing Champion
What are the stock spring rates that come on the R2's? I've asked Eibach a few times for this info and never got a response. Is it the same as the R1?

Still love mine. It does slightly limit wheel/tire options because of the beefy collar but other than that for the price you really cant beat them.