GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DRedman45 build in progress

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion

MK6 on 3SDM 0.05 by DRedman45, on Flickr

seeing how i just crossed 1800 posted i thought maybe i should start one of these little guys haha

factory:
2010 door GTI
United Grey
autobahn
dynaudio
detroits

Performance:
APR K04-64
APR intake 1&2
BB down pipe
APR catback(sold)
GHL catback
APR FMIC
AWE discharge pipe
tiguan TB pipe
Southbend stage 3 silent design
INA/034 street(60a) motor and trans mounts
BSH recirc cach can

Suspension:
BSH 27mm solid rear sway
Koni Coilovers
Stern rear brace(install next week)
uni brace under brace(install after christmas)

Wheels and tires:
detroits with 205/40 nitto neogens
Work Euroline M2s(traded)
Toms C7R's (traded)
SSR Koenig Monsters
3SDM 0.05 18x8.5 with 215 evo v12's

Exterior:
Golf grille
smoked side markers

Interior:
50/35 tint(legal limit in va)
AWE boost gauge with apr boost tap

NEXT UP:
Install XB when it gets here
Tinted OEM LED tails
BBK
MK5 side skirts, smoothed and painted

Quick one by DRedman45, on Flickr

on to the good stuff:thumbup:
Started off with this little beauty...07 sb rabbit with a full ej exhaust that sounded amazing....

DSC_0635 by DRedman45, on Flickr

DSC_0662 by DRedman45, on Flickr

then traded for this:
2010 4dr UG gti
6 speed
autobahn
bixenons
and some other little things

GTI by DRedman45, on Flickr
first few things...tint, yellow fogs etc

I had my wheels off my mk5 on there for a bit before i sold them

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
with 600 miles on it i did an apr stage 1...reason for my choice is purely convenience, NGP is a mile away from work
and i also added this

GTI by DRedman45, on Flickr

next it was to to get low
and these sat in my trunk for a couple weeks until i got off my ass and installed them

coils! by DRedman45, on Flickr

day after install

004 - Copy by DRedman45, on Flickr

over the winter I bought Work Euroline M2's which are incredibly rare

004 - Copy by DRedman45, on Flickr

Work euroline M2 by DRedman45, on Flickr

i still have yet to have then done :mad0259:

i lowered the fronts down after i had my 10k service

gti-koni coilover by DRedman45, on Flickr

soon after the winter i got a BB downpipe and apr catback...i installed them and went to stage 2 v2.2

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
around the same time I installed my BSH catchcan...if you wonder if it does anything i will leave this

next addition was my golf grill which i should have done sooner if i knew it would have done so much for the look of the car

MK6GTI by DRedman45, on Flickr

i settled down for a while....now i have been back in spending mode for a month or so

Front mount:) by DRedman45, on Flickr

and tomorrow i am ordering a DXD stage 3 daily "silent" flywheel clutch since my clutch has been slipping for 5k miles:mad0259:

K04 coming soon:thumbsup:

Last edited:

JhnR

Banned
looks good! nice wheels what kind of tires are you planning on buying?

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Nice car! When do you plan on putting those Works on? Which IC is that? And are those OEM door guard strips? I think I might actually like those.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
looks good! nice wheels what kind of tires are you planning on buying?

since i wasted my stock tires...the detroits got 205/40/18 Nitto neogens which will be transferred over....i have been trying to buy a set of 17" BBS vz's for winter, but the guy has been screwing me around...its been 3 weeks since i said i would buy them

Nice car! When do you plan on putting those Works on? Which IC is that? And are those OEM door guard strips? I think I might actually like those.

the works need new bolts...they are 2 piece forged and welded so they dont actually do anything:thumbdown:, but a few have to be drilled out and re tapped...then get paint, which i have been debating since i have had them...probably next spring they will go on...maybe sooner to get some pics

APR ic

the door trims are an oem option for the 4drs...i didn't necessarily want them, but they have grown on me

Last edited:

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Cars looking great. My clutch has been slipping for a little while now but I have been able to deal with it. It's pretty on an off.

Those works look sick and I want em haha. What K04 kit you going with? Sticking with APR?

veeDubin6

Ready to race!
loooks sick , but the only thing how come you have a side molding? most mk 5s have them not the mk6 ,No one else didnt notice the side molding?

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
Looks good man, we still need to do some VA cruisin! You have the only other UG that I've seen, oddly enough..

I'm about to order those NeoGens for my Futuras, can't wait!

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
^lucky guy...i have wanted futuras for a long time haha...one of my friends just put a set on his e38 so now i can't get them haha

I have wanted to do a skyline cruise...evac has one on the 30th but i am going down to VT to visit some friends for halloween