GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Come on washington... where are you?

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
If you want, feel free to get some meets going on our side project http://shows.moddedeuros.com

Happy to get some listed on there and get some more people active in Washington

Good idea :)

Dw, there's also a group on facebook you should message, Seattle Golf R's and Friends, they do meets and cruises, and is generally more active than the forums here.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
Hey guys, my lady and I are contemplating moving to WA end of the year.

Couple of questions for you local WA enthusiasts. What kind of scene is up there, roads, PD/HP, mod friendliness?

Currently running a '13 GTI Wolfie on H&R SS, APR S1 intake GolfR IC and a Diesel Geek SS

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys, my lady and I are contemplating moving to WA end of the year.

Couple of questions for you local WA enthusiasts. What kind of scene is up there, roads, PD/HP, mod friendliness?

Currently running a '13 GTI Wolfie on H&R SS, APR S1 intake GolfR IC and a Diesel Geek SS

If your car is your daily driver, get used to it being dirty all the time. I can't really speak for the mod/Euro scene around here although I see modded VWs all the time. Seems like people are just more spread out and there's less of a drive to get involved with others like yourself. I dunno.

Roads are decent...if you stick to the freeways and main arteries. There are plenty of secondary roads and city streets in poor condition.

Not sure what you mean by PD/HP. Watch out for WSP...they use laser A LOT. When they do use radar, it's Ka band. People around here tend to drive EXACTLY the speed limit, if not slower, so if you have a habit of doing 10 over, you'll be obvious.

I haven't had much to do with the dealer so I can't speak on mod friendliness. I'm Stage 2 (full exhaust, Carbonio intake) and the dealer didn't give me any grief about mods when I went in for coil packs recently...though they did claim that coils aren't covered by the powertrain warranty.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
socal87, that's how it is in AZ, lots of cars just on one getting a group together. And when there are meets, they're small. But good clean roads are always nice. The roads in my area are trash.

PD = policia HP = hwy patrol. We don't have "state police" here it's all DPS/HP. The few times that I've been pulled they've been pretty decent guys. "Just slow down sir...."

Appogee

Ready to race!
socal87, that's how it is in AZ, lots of cars just on one getting a group together. And when there are meets, they're small. But good clean roads are always nice. The roads in my area are trash.

PD = policia HP = hwy patrol. We don't have "state police" here it's all DPS/HP. The few times that I've been pulled they've been pretty decent guys. "Just slow down sir...."

Honestly the roads vary from each area of Seattle and the surrounding suburbs. Once you know your way around you'll stay away from those roads. Pretty much Queen Anne/Oldish Downtown Seattle area roads are most atrocious. There's a street that goes straight to the University of Washington that just has some darn good amount of pot holes. If you stay on the east side or Bellevue area roads are fairly decent. It's not to say that Seattle local roads are that bad either, really depends on where your driving tbh.

I've never honestly been pulled over but I drive 10 over and I stick out like a sore thumb depending on the freeway. If I had a suggestion where to move, Bellevue area is expensive buthe they have some of the best schools in the state and have some good programs. I personally live there so I'm bias but it's pretty solid. You should look for homes near the Factoria area, super convenient place.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
Appogee, I appreciate the information. Expensive is relative. Rent in this area is ridiculous, $1.50-2.00 a sq foot.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

They don't tend to give out many warnings, at least not any time I've been pulled over. When you do move up here, look into the Seattle Golf R's and Friends group. Ton of guys with GTI's and Golf R's, they do get togethers and cruises from time to time :)

Appogee, I appreciate the information. Expensive is relative. Rent in this area is ridiculous, $1.50-2.00 a sq foot.

I would highly suggest buying if you have the capability. I'm paying $0.72 a sq foot for my home, though I'm in Federal Way (between Seattle and Tacoma) which is no where near as expensive as Seattle and Bellevue. I don't live in the ghetto or anything like that, but it's not the fanciest either.

Appogee

Ready to race!
OP, sorry for the thread jacking!

Anyone know how the medical field is?

Best state around specially coming to health care. Pretty fast implementation of Obama care and if you want to great amount of medical options I recommend close like 15 minutes proximity to downtown Seattle. We have Overlake in Bellevue but for children Children's hospital is one of the best for minors in the nation. I've received surgery there before when I was a minor still and care and financial support is top notch.

Now, though, I go to Virginia Mason which is pretty solid if you can find parking. They have clinics around the Seattle area, one up north of their main hospital and one in Bellevue.

dwgolf

Ready to race!
I'm a physical therapist. One thing I know about the medial field is RN's are in popular demand.

I know i pm'd you a review already, but If you live on Alki beach like I do, the commute sucks 80% of the time. Bellevue is pretty nice as stated above. Avoid those toll bridges though.

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion

CSG Wolfsburg Edition in Sammamish