GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Has any one done different tips on there oem gti exhaust setup?
I've thought about it as the original lip catches all the water coming out of the muffler. The solution to that is to drill a hole in each tip

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Saw an add in the Canada Classified section for a Eonon GA6153W Android Head Unit for the Golf but was too late.

As luck would have it, the OP had posted the Eonon link which I was able to use to place an order for a new one on sale for $209, including a backup camera as a for free gift worth $45.
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/GA6153W.html

The head unit should arrive on Wednesday.

Looks nice, if I would not be saving for a complete paint job and a turbo setup I would probably buy it ;)

Changed my wheel bearing, brake discs, pads and a ball joint on the right side, I also had to replace a caliper bracket... I have to say that the Hawk HP+ makes a lot of dust paired with a ECS slotted disk, they are very noisy due to the dust, I don't know if it's normal, with the Stoptech I didn't have this issue :( But the braking force of the HP+ is way superior, it brakes as much or maybe more than a 2015 WRX, very happy on this point :)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Not a fun day today! Started R&R of my Struts today and I'm not a happy camper, the firken salt brine during the winter made a 3-4 hour suspension job into an all day sh!tfest. I was only got the drivers side done, seems like every fastener on the car was seized, the worst being the upper strut mount to body 13 mm bolts, I got 2 out but the third was turnable for several revolutions then got increasingly hard to turn, then suddenly the nut on the strut mount parted ways and started turning, I had to go out and buy a dremel tool to cut the bolt apart. Round 2 tomorrow.:paddle:

EDIT: Round 2 went a bit better, two out of the three upper strut mount to body 13 mm bolts spun even after we used a wire brush to clean the threads, the dremel is a god send in this respect.

Getting the shock into the knuckle went a lot better (5 minutes "honest") , the secret is to use a cold chisel to open the gap at the bottom of the pinch gap, use a straight edge to line up the "fin on the strut tube with the pinch gap, grab the strut tube below the spring perch and the rotor at the caliper mount and basically shake the piss out of it while a helper uses a jack to raise the rotor/knuckle, this type of random movement allows the strut to slide easily into the knuckle without binding on the sides.

Last edited:

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Saw an add in the Canada Classified section for a Eonon GA6153W Android Head Unit for the Golf but was too late.

As luck would have it, the OP had posted the Eonon link which I was able to use to place an order for a new one on sale for $209, including a backup camera as a for free gift worth $45.
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/GA6153W.html

The head unit should arrive on Wednesday.

Hi MLue1, thanks for your order. :w00t: Wish you enjoy our unit and welcome to share with us some nice installation pics & reviews. Thanks!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Did the installation last night at 10pm in the dark using the interior lights and a flashlight with a friend. It took him 20 minutes to unbox and install everything. He we was jazzed with the great sounding radio at this price point, the completeness of the kit, they include everything including a trim tool to remove the trim around the radio and anti-reflective film for the display :clap: We didn't install the rearview camera yet, that will have to be done another time with daylight but I'm super happy with this radio.:happyanim:

My Golf is a base model, adding this radio upgrades the entire car, the huge 8 inch display screen transforms the interior and the many feature rich choices that the Android platform brings make it a must do upgrade. The radio sounds really great and has all the premium features found in expensive units. The GPS works perfectly with Waze or Google Maps you can even check the strength of the GPS satellite signals. I'm glad I went this route, and not buy an over priced VW radio.

Here are some of the things I did within a couple of hours of installing it:
- It was super easy to configure the navigation button to choose Waze App instead of the default Google Maps when I select it.
- Installed OBD11 app, I can now program the features that VAG.COM can do from my own car radio or any VW that I choose to install the OBD11 dongle into, within Bluetooth range.

I suspect that when we install the Rearview Camera, the experience will be like the MK7 Golf with the large center display.

The only thing that is not working is the AM radio, the car only has one antenia wire while the adapter with the kit has two connections.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I like my quiet Axleback GTI suitcase muffler but my son who is away at University most of the year wants a bit more sound without the rasp of removing the mid muffler or resonator. I'm thinking of doing this solution in the future with a exhaust valve similar to the TTRS exhaust.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95103
HERE IS THE VIDEO!
https://youtu.be/s_AA4nP8sxQ
Found this Exhaust Valve
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FTYDT2C...&ascsubtag=94f77d9b4b68316afd5aa077f795e37b_S

With the great resonance of the VW 2.5 inline 5 we should sound better than the GTI in the video... .

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Working on the donated 07K manifold, cleaned it up the oily inside with gasoline and simple green on the outside. Will measure plenum volume before a changes for documentation purposes.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Did the installation last night at 10pm in the dark using the interior lights and a flashlight with a friend. It took him 20 minutes to unbox and install everything. He we was jazzed with the great sounding radio at this price point, the completeness of the kit, they include everything including a trim tool to remove the trim around the radio and anti-reflective film for the display :clap: We didn't install the rearview camera yet, that will have to be done another time with daylight but I'm super happy with this radio.:happyanim:

My Golf is a base model, adding this radio upgrades the entire car, the huge 8 inch display screen transforms the interior and the many feature rich choices that the Android platform brings make it a must do upgrade. The radio sounds really great and has all the premium features found in expensive units. The GPS works perfectly with Waze or Google Maps you can even check the strength of the GPS satellite signals. I'm glad I went this route, and not buy an over priced VW radio.

Here are some of the things I did within a couple of hours of installing it:
- It was super easy to configure the navigation button to choose Waze App instead of the default Google Maps when I select it.
- Installed OBD11 app, I can now program the features that VAG.COM can do from my own car radio or any VW that I choose to install the OBD11 dongle into, within Bluetooth range.

I suspect that when we install the Rearview Camera, the experience will be like the MK7 Golf with the large center display.

The only thing that is not working is the AM radio, the car only has one antenia wire while the adapter with the kit has two connections.

Hi MLue1, thanks for sharing the joy of receiving and installing the Eonon unit. :w00t: Could you please PM us your email, the order no. or serial no. of the unit? So we can help you better, thanks!

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Only a few days before we leave for South Carolina and found out tonight that the left CV boot is leaking black grease :mad: :mad: Gotta see if I can get her repaired in time :paddle:eek:r the Golf will stay home.