GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS tuning down pipe

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
If you get a catless downpipe it's going to replace the stock downpipe which includes the stock "cat". That catless downpipe that you're going to purchase will connect to the stock catback, the rear section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
oh ok thanks for the help

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
oh ok thanks for the help

No problem man, but like the guy above said. That is a sweet deal for a catted dp. And a resonator delete will do the trick until you decide whether you want more noise or not but I think that's plenty of noise. Quiet for cruising and loud when you step on it

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
yep that's what i want quiet when cruising and loud when I haul ass ill probably go with the catted ecs just cause its such a good deal

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
yep that's what i want quiet when cruising and loud when I haul ass ill probably go with the catted ecs just cause its such a good deal

Yea go for it man, it'll probably sound better than my old set up. It usually sounds deeper with a "catted" downpipe. I can text you videos of my old set up if you'd like. Are you dsg?

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
yea i am dsg if you can send me the videos so i can check it out that would be great

gdub09

Ready to race!
Thats a really good price for a downpipe. I have the Beluga turbo back exhaust and I love the sound. Quiet when daily driving and loud when you're on it. All together the complete exhaust system is like $500. But like everyone has said, the DP is performance gain with a tune and a catback is just for noise.

Also like 85% of exhaust components are built to match right up. Some DPs and catbacks are a 3 inch so keep that in mind. But most are reduced to 2.5in to fit the DP then are 3in after that. I think only a few companies have full 3in and they advertise saying that it is.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Have y'all heard anything about the ecs downpipe?

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
i asked ecs tuning the downpipe is on sale till January 3 so I got time to buy it

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Integrated Engineering will have 20% off their downpipe as well which will make it 350 plus I believe free shipping. Starts 6pm mountain time.

avni

Ready to race!
DOWNPIPES AND COLDSTARTS :) :) :)

I'm not sure about the resonator delete.

Heard mixed reviews

"sounds the same but louder" or "makes it sound like a toy"

Reasons why I havent done it yet ^^^

pdan

Ready to race!
I'm also debating getting the ECS downpipe, under $500 with a cat seems great. I also looked at the ARM but don't want to have to deal with it being too short, or trying to fit it to my Neuspeed catback.