GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 Stage 1 Vs. MK6 Stage 2

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Why are some people thinking Stage 2 LOSES torque?

Just from the APR website, for a 93octane tune:

Stage 1,93:254hp/297ft-lbs

Stage2 (TBE/intake),93:276hp/314ft-lbs

Now, the Stg 2 93 tune IS less torque than a Stg 1 100 octane tune (273hp/337ft-lbs), but you can get even more on a 100oct stg2 tune, too.

Nice run, man! Handle that business!!!!

ZGTI

Banned
Good Run i have stage 2 Uni .. let me tell you it pulls hard with the Rev2, u get close to 290HP ... great Run !!

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Its hypothetical the loss of low end torque, some people say they lose it while others say they didn't. I guess it also varies on the diameter of the dp.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I guess I'm gonna have to drive to florida for a APR stage II vs Unitronic stage II race lol since I know Uni pushes more boost so that would be a very interesting race heheh

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
he might've had you from a dig though... in stage 2 you're sacrificing your low-end torque for high end power.

personally think i might just stay stage 1 once i get it. having more low-end torque is more practical for more fun daily driving.

this video seems a bit off though. i don't think stage 2 is THAT much more powerful. i SMOKED my buddies DSG from a dig and i'm fully stock and he has a carbonio. he had a passenger and i had my old suspension inside my car at the time but i RIPPED him. AND he used launch control.

stage2 with lower-end torque that a stage1 is a myth.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I spike at 17 and hold at 15.. Don't get me wrong ChippedGTI, I'm not trying to start shit talking against Uni, just think it would be very interesting to see how both perform against eachother in a race! No dyno bs

heartcoke

Ready to race!
I'll race you for the people wanting an APR vs Unitronic race ;)

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
If u only didn't live many many miles away lol ohh and btw one thing apr vs uni if its someone u don't know and money is involved.. Apr has dif setting for their tune so I was tune to stock/93/100/valey our tsi moves on that 100 gasss with a tune for it ;)