GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattling from Engine Bay

jkells

Ready to race!
So something I noticed today. A lot of rattling coming from the engine bay and it amplifies when I turn on the AC. What in the actual world could be causing this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
can you take a video? Hard to guess without hearing it.

dbgti

Say whaaa?
Is the sound there at idle? During acceleration? Does it go away after a certain RPM?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Got a single mass flywheel?

cheese_monster

It's hard to tell without hearing in person. But you could be hearing your dual mass flywheel starting to fail. Get a stethoscope from harbor freight for 10$ and see if u can pinpoint the sound. Also check if noise changes with clutch in/out and with different rpms. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkells

Ready to race!
It's hard to tell without hearing in person. But you could be hearing your dual mass flywheel starting to fail. Get a stethoscope from harbor freight for 10$ and see if u can pinpoint the sound. Also check if noise changes with clutch in/out and with different rpms. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its like no one reads comments. Go look at the comments. It starts when i turn on the AC. There is literally two links for videos showing comparison.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
There is more vibration when the AC is on and it could be causing just enough vibration to be rattling some random shit together in the engine bay. I hear it but I don't readily know what it could be.

jkells

Ready to race!
There is more vibration when the AC is on and it could be causing just enough vibration to be rattling some random shit together in the engine bay. I hear it but I don't readily know what it could be.
What would be rattling though when I turn on the AC?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I wonder if there's something wrong with the AC compressor. My knowledge is limited on these cars A/C systems though and iirc they are clutchless.