GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 GTI vs. Infiniti FX 35

fender177

Ready to race!
A couple of mornings the last couple of weeks, there has been an infiniti SUV (FX35, not sure if its the V6-303HP or the V8-390HP, my money is on the V6 though) up my ass on the way into work. Pretty ballsy one too. There is a turn circle on my way into work, and this morning I pulled out when it was safe for me, and he came flying into the circle behind me - causing someone to slam on their horn.

Anyway, I figured this guy must be a douche, because he's been up my ass several times etc. Well, as fate would have it, we're hauling ass down the road when the upcoming light turns red. (btw, don't let infiniti fool you, their brakes suck, he couldn't stop until about 10-15 feet past of me). I pull up next to him, and he is laughing cause he damn near killed himself trying to stop. So I give him the thumbs up, roll my window down and say - let's go.

Light turns green, I do my best not to floor it, but wheel spin kicks in anyway... Shift into 2nd, hit the gas, BAM - traction control is on SHIT! The second or so that it was engaged for felt like hours as he starts pulling away. I get my power back, shift into 3rd and cruise on by him. He gave me the thumbs up as I went by.

btw - anyone else laugh a little bit when traction control kicks in and our loud ass exhausts sound like they are back firing / farting? I don't have a DSG, so I don't get that laugh every time I shift haha

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
First thing I do is turn off the damn cars TC and use my right foot. TC sucks the fun/speed right out of the car.

Skeptix

Ready to race!
A couple of mornings the last couple of weeks, there has been an infiniti SUV (FX35, not sure if its the V6-303HP or the V8-390HP, my money is on the V6 though) up my ass on the way into work. Pretty ballsy one too. There is a turn circle on my way into work, and this morning I pulled out when it was safe for me, and he came flying into the circle behind me - causing someone to slam on their horn.

Anyway, I figured this guy must be a douche, because he's been up my ass several times etc. Well, as fate would have it, we're hauling ass down the road when the upcoming light turns red. (btw, don't let infiniti fool you, their brakes suck, he couldn't stop until about 10-15 feet past of me). I pull up next to him, and he is laughing cause he damn near killed himself trying to stop. So I give him the thumbs up, roll my window down and say - let's go.

Light turns green, I do my best not to floor it, but wheel spin kicks in anyway... Shift into 2nd, hit the gas, BAM - traction control is on SHIT! The second or so that it was engaged for felt like hours as he starts pulling away. I get my power back, shift into 3rd and cruise on by him. He gave me the thumbs up as I went by.

btw - anyone else laugh a little bit when traction control kicks in and our loud ass exhausts sound like they are back firing / farting? I don't have a DSG, so I don't get that laugh every time I shift haha

It was funny when I had the forge spacer in my car. TC would kick in and it would go nuts. Pss-ps...tpspspsppsssssssssss....ps.....ps..pssssss.

fender177

Ready to race!
First thing I do is turn off the damn cars TC and use my right foot. TC sucks the fun/speed right out of the car.
It didn't used to be that big of a problem for me under normal driving conditions. Usually, if I know I'm going to be flooring it, I turn it off. In this case, I was too busy laughing at the dude crapping his pants after not being able to stop haha. For some reason, though, even under normal conditions, my TC has been kicking in. Not sure what is up with that.

It was funny when I had the forge spacer in my car. TC would kick in and it would go nuts. Pss-ps...tpspspsppsssssssssss....ps.....ps..pssssss.

haha sounds hilarious. I was in a tunnel this past weekend and floored it, got the little backfire fart. It was so loud. kuhhbamm!

GTITX1

Ready to race!
Pretty sure the FX35 is as in the 3.5L V6 found in lots of their cars, and the FX45 indicates the V8(guessing 4.5L).

fender177

Ready to race!
Pretty sure the FX35 is as in the 3.5L V6 found in lots of their cars, and the FX45 indicates the V8(guessing 4.5L).

Good call - yup, they make the FX35 and the FX50 now. Still, 303hp (plus a ton more weight haha). Thanks for pointing that out :thumbsup: