GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Sensor Workshop

aaronk.juju

I've got a yellow flashing oil sensor workshop light on the mfi. Oil levels is good, and was last changed about 3000 miles ago (5 months). The sensor I've read is an oil level/temperature sensor. My oil temperature is indicated and seems to be operating as normal so I don't know if this means that the sensor is actually okay and not faulty. I've also disconnected the battery for 20 minutes which has been a suggestion, but to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with this? Also if anyone has a part number for a Mark VI TDI:iono: oil sensor that would be great... looked all over and can't seem to find any for a MkVI

aaronk.juju

Just to update for anyone having a similar problem. After doing a lot of research there seems to be various causes for this. Originally the Amber Oil Level warning light was flashing constantly on the mfd. I scanned the ECU and found that there were no stored faults. So today I decided to replace the Oil Level Sensor located on the bottom of the sump, and obviously filled up with new oil. Within a few minutes of starting the ignition, the warning light disappeared, and for now this seems to have cleared the problem.