GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents The BFGoodrich MaxR! -- Build Thread --

drhiggens

Ready to race!
I have been looking at a set of the ADV1 5.01 for a little while I really like there quality. Price is just the only reason I have hesitated, but you do get what you pay for.
Can anyone reamend a retailer?

TEFF

godfather
I have been looking at a set of the ADV1 5.01 for a little while I really like there quality. Price is just the only reason I have hesitated, but you do get what you pay for.
Can anyone reamend a retailer?

I am an ADV retailer in Romania, i have a set of AdV05.1 for my R. If i were closer to you i would have helped you with a very good discount.

Contact Wheels Boutique, they have ADV's

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Love everything about this car with exception of the two tone paint job. The vinyl or paint job on the rear hatch which looks like a combination of Matt and gloss blak looks great though.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Love everything about this car with exception of the two tone paint job.

Let's discuss this for a second.

What's one of the most bad ass animals of all time?

Answer: Great White Shark

What destroys and eats great white sharks?

Answer: Killer Whale.

What is the Golf R?

Answer: A big fat hatch back that's bad ass and eats other bad ass hatchbacks.

:D

A_Bowers

Let's discuss this for a second.

What's one of the most bad ass animals of all time?

Answer: Great White Shark

What destroys and eats great white sharks?

Answer: Killer Whale.

What is the Golf R?

Answer: A big fat hatch back that's bad ass and eats other bad ass hatchbacks.

:D

Like this comment!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Not hating or anything, just think it makes the car look taller, and the front wheel arch is over accentuated. I appreciate the thought behind it though. Also just noticed the Matt/glossy vinyl on the roof and tach is the tire tread. Very cool.

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Bumping this thread from the dead. I was considering these tires as they're the highest rated UHP Summer tire on tirerack. HOWEVER, in stock size (and also the 235/40/18 you're running) they are not XL load rated. Just standard load.

Have you had any concern with running a lower load rating? What air pressure do you run (higher to compensate)? Thanks for the additional input.

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
Um, what?

I'm flip-flopping. I was going to shy away from these tires because they're not XL rated, and I will be autocrossing on them (ie heavy lateral loads). But reading all the reviews and tests, they seem to hold up really well to spirited driving and have stiff sidewalls.

Obviously they're not the best tire money can buy, but when they're the top of their category (UHP Summer) and nearly half the price of the top of the next category (MaxP Summer), then they're definitely worth considering.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Bumping this thread from the dead.

Have you had any concern with running a lower load rating?
i had the 235/40/18's on my car last year after they came out. they are really good, they gripped well wet or shine.
only load rating problem(s) with them is that no local tire shop will sell or install another set, since the load rating is lower than the tires VW originally spec'd for the car.

i had a rather lengthy phone call to bfg tech support while i was in a local discount tire several months ago, to finally have BFG say they dont have a fitment in the sport comp 2's that will work on the GTI. i believe the R has the same load rating as well.

Rant: Basically a whole bunch of BS C@ck teasing with this car built to showcase this bad ass new tire that nobody will install for you. End Rant.