GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If the 2.5L Rabbits can run Great 1/4 Mile Times the '10 & '11 Can't be far behind

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
If the 2.5L Rabbits can run Great 1/4 Mile Times the '10 & '11 Can't be far behind

I found these interesting old threads, if the 2.5L Rabbits can run Great 1/4 Mile Times (14~15 sec) the '10 & '11 MK6 Golfs can't be far behind as they have the same mechanicals as the '09 Rabbits. It's amazing that those times were set without the use of a Short Runner Intake or the ECU Tunes that available today.

2.5L top 20 1/4 mile thread
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4008286-2-5L-top-20-1-4-mile-thread

2.5L top 20 1/4 mile thread (part Dou)
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4596788-2.5L-top-20-1-4-mile-thread-(part-dou

Some of us MK6 Golfs 2.5 members should go to the track and post our tickets. I know there is a Youtube guy doing 6 sec 0-60 times with his 2.5, that's stock GTI territory.

Last edited:

JKoehle

Ready to race!
The best I see is a 10.17 from 2.0t swapped to a 2.5t and AWD. I'm sure something similar is possible, but it's just a matter of deciding whether you'd want to throw money at this platform to break into those low times or if it makes more sense to save for a MK8 GTI/R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
The best I see is a 10.17 from 2.0t swapped to a 2.5t and AWD. I'm sure something similar is possible, but it's just a matter of deciding whether you'd want to throw money at this platform to break into those low times or if it makes more sense to save for a MK8 GTI/R
There are only a few 2.5 that are turboed the others are lightly modded 2.5 Rabbits that are doing 15 sec quarter miles, see how fast your GTI does a quarter.
I was brought up on road racing and actually don't know much about drag racing but it is interesting to see what the 2.5 is actually capable of doing pretty good quarter mile times with good drivers:thumbup:, not relying on just power from the turbo.

Last edited: