GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely, the Innovate Motorsports ECB-1 was recommended to me by David @toothless675. I had the Greddy Profec to watch 4-bar boost and AEM AFR gauge. Having separate gauges made it really frustrating to keep an eye on things while tuning. Knowing that I’ll be tuning an E85 Eurodyne file next Spring I wanted to move to an all-in-one gauge. The ECB-1 is impressive, well built, easy install, quality harnesses and tons of data in one screen. I can now monitor AFR with the latest Bosche LSU 2.9 02 sensor, true boost with their 4-bar MAP sensor and Ethanol content/fuel temp with their GM ethanol hydroscopic analyzer. There are three screen options, all 4 stats at once, 2 selectable stats at once or 1 stat.

Opel drivability was ok, I’m still undecided if my weak warm starts were due to the injectors or base file tuning (injector constant, LPFP table). The Opels required modification to the head in order to have them fully seat. This also required a specific injector orientation which would have rotated the intended spray pattern. Moving to the MK7 R/8V S3 injectors allowed me to retain a factory spray pattern and drivability has been perfect.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So for a gauge that reads multiple systems like that, do you still get analog boost pressure? A little background, I am planning to go e85 down the road and I want to get a multi reading gauge like what you have. I see Aem has a few products like that. Guess what I asking is does the boost line still plug into the back or is it done down the line somewhere.

I am eurodyne as well so I have been monitoring guys injector choices for e85 so I know what to go with. Nostrum had some nice ones, but were having trouble with eurodyne software from what i heard last.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
It’s a digital reading off of their included 4-bar map sensor. I compare this to my calibrated Torqbyte 4-bar map sensor and the boost readings are 0.4 to 0.6psi off at times. The boost line plugs into their included 4-bar map sensor, which then has an electrical harness that goes to the ECB-1 gauge.

I will be running E85 through my twin split spray port fuel injectors controlled by Torqbyte.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Keeping this thread up to date, several changes over the past few weeks; full photo and video updates posted on IG @becauseHYDE16

Changes:
-Glasstopfen Rear Hatch Wiper Delete
-Custom Accessory Power Block
-Ecliptech Shift-P2+
-PPT Custom Fuel Basket with Walbro 450 LPFP
-Final 2K mile engine break in oil sample (Brad Penn racing oil) sent out to Blackstone Labs, results look great and the engine is officially broken in.
-Next Blackstone Labs testing will be a 3,000 mile sample of Motul Sport Ester 5w50 100 Synthetic Engine Oil
-Finalized Eurodyne file and Torqbyte CM5-LT AUX/GPO1/MAIN maps for 93 octane 27psi street tune

Next Up:
-Go2Customs Headlights
-ProMeth Pulse Series Solenoid for direct port water methanol PWM control through Torqbyte CM5-LT GPO2 map
-Come Spring, we will move on to a full E85 tune

Glasstopfen Rear Hatch Wiper Delete

Custom Accessory Power Block

Innovate Motorsports ECB-1

Ecliptech Shift-P2+

Raceseng Circuit Series 150mm Handle & Cylinder Grip

Motul Sport Ester 5w50 100 Synthetic Engine Oil

TT-RS LPFP vs. PPT Custom Fuel Basket with Walbro 450 LPFP

PPT Custom Fuel Basket with Walbro 450 LPFP

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Do you guys get E85 in NJ or are you sourcing it online?

There are no pumps for E85 in CT... wish there was.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Do you guys get E85 in NJ or are you sourcing it online?

There are no pumps for E85 in CT... wish there was.

Since I'm in northern NJ, there are two stations within 45 min from me. I have one in Nanuet, NY and one in Newark. I plan to fill a 55 gallon drum and pump into my car from home, especially during tuning.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
With full e85, do you need wm still?

E85 will provide the octane and cooling effect of methanol. I most likely will turn direct port meth off but will keep the post intercooler meth jet on to ensure cooler IAT readings.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Looking good as always man! Glad to see the light is at the end of the tunnel for you (maybe?) haha.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
When you figure out the fueling charts for your new injectors in eurodyne, would you mind sharing here?

Edit: I read up again. I see you got the mk7 injectors and port injectors as well. Thats different I guess in how the fueling charts will act vs just 4 injectors.

DaveGLI

Ready to race!
When you figure out the fueling charts for your new injectors in eurodyne, would you mind sharing here?

Edit: I read up again. I see you got the mk7 injectors and port injectors as well. Thats different I guess in how the fueling charts will act vs just 4 injectors.

Can you better explain what it is you're looking for?
Fueling charts? you mean the what injector constant is being used on the Mk7 Injectors? or the ZZP's?

Btw, ZZP's were switched for Mk7 due to better spray, and fitment into the Manifold. ZZP's are kinda a bitch and we had issues with misfires on cold start.

or are you looking for the main fueling tables?

(hi.. I tune the car..)