GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 gti vs mk5 gli

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
So my buddy says that he would walk me, reason being he has a forge twintercooler.

Gli:
AWE intake
Giac Stage 2
FMIC
TBE
(i think top)

GTI:
AWE TOP
BSH throttle body pipe
Giac Stage 2
Neuspeed intake
TBE

He thinks a intercooler gave me more hp when doesnt it only make power accesable instantly?

Who do you think will win?

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Intercoolers don't add any power at all. They keep the charged intake air cooler than it would be (since pressurizing the air heats it up) without one, helping prevent heatsoak which will COST you hp. In short, it doesn't add anything, just keeps you from losing some.

I think you'll win.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
run this weekend when it cools down and you will win because of the weight difference...the intercooler makes a huge difference in the consistency of power...when its warm out it will run like it does when its cool out...so technically if you dyno your car back to back on a warm day you will make more power with an IC

if its an FSI you will sh!t on him...they dont make as much power as the tsi stage 1

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
run this weekend when it cools down and you will win because of the weight difference...the intercooler makes a huge difference in the consistency of power...when its warm out it will run like it does when its cool out...so technically if you dyno your car back to back on a warm day you will make more power with an IC

if its an FSI you will sh!t on him...they dont make as much power as the tsi stage 1

Forgot about whether it was FSi or TSi...yeah, big difference there.

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
My friend and I have the same race except we're stage 1 both have stage 2 intake and I beat him by a car I think the TSI motor is better than the FSI

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
My friend and I have the same race except we're stage 1 both have stage 2 intake and I beat him by a car I think the TSI motor is better than the FSI

I can't recall the stock power exactly on an FSi but I'm positive the tune output is considerably better on a TSi, so yes.

DSMconvert1

Ready to race!
I had a GIAC stage II+ FSI before my MK6 which is only APR stage I, and I can tell you that stage II FSI is about even with my MK6. If he does not have the fuel pump upgraded you should win.