GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mishimoto MK6 Intercooler R&D Thread

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Yes, radiatior...too many intercooler options already. Not sure you can capture the market this late in the game.

clownish

just clowning around
Make a mk6 radiator fitment. You make a mk5 and a mk7 radiator. Why ignore a mk6 and develop an intercooler when the market is saturated. Great. Thanks... Make a mk6 fitment radiator and I'd buy one - and get several people to buy one almost instantly.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Make a mk6 radiator fitment. You make a mk5 and a mk7 radiator. Why ignore a mk6 and develop an intercooler when the market is saturated. Great. Thanks... Make a mk6 fitment radiator and I'd buy one - and get several people to buy one almost instantly.

Especially if price point is less than the one that’s $1200 on this market. Sell like hot cakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
edit - my post was non-factual

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Not to worry guys, the radiator for this platform is definitely on our radar. We don't have any specific plans as of yet, but we are already doing some research!

-Nick

clownish

just clowning around
Not to worry guys, the radiator for this platform is definitely on our radar. We don't have any specific plans as of yet, but we are already doing some research!

-Nick

I’ll keep an eye out.

There’s so many good quality intercooler options out - I can think of 6 or 7 offhand without any research. either front mount or stock placement that I would use. I’m sure there’s a ton of cheaper options that people use too but these are all ~$1000-1200 intercoolers

Meanwhile there’s maybe 2 aftermarket radiator off the shelve options besides the custom fab work route - but for a platform like a golf you tend to want bolt on parts.

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump this up and let you know more info is coming very soon on this intercooler!

-Nick

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

Happy Friday! As promised the next installment in the development of our MK6 intercooler! Make sure that you head over to our Engineering Blog for the full scoop!

Our production sample is here! This is basically the first run of the new design of the production line, and before we thrash it on the dyno, I wanted to make sure that you guys get a good first look at it!

The space is already tight in there, but even so, our engineer was still able to squeeze in a thicker core, with a more robust bar and plate core for better flow and heat dissipation. There's more to this design than just a better core, but you'll have to head over to the Engineering Blog to find out ;)

As always feel free to shoot me any questions you might have!

-Nick

Mishimoto

Ready to race!
Price? Iono. Status on radiator?

Pricing details will come once we get closer to the presale!

Need radiator!

Unfortunately noting big to report on the radiator front at the moment. I asked around and there's been some preliminary research but not much more than that currently. I will definitely keep you guys in the loop though!

Some info from you guys that might help this along, are you having overheating issues on the street, track, or both? Is it a durability issue with the stock rads?

Thanks!
-Nick

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Unfortunately noting big to report on the radiator front at the moment. I asked around and there's been some preliminary research but not much more than that currently. I will definitely keep you guys in the loop though!

Some info from you guys that might help this along, are you having overheating issues on the street, track, or both? Is it a durability issue with the stock rads?

Thanks!

-Nick

For me overheating at the track. And there’s only one option out there for an upgrade. Slide into the market at $300 less and everyone buys yours. If your Intercooler isn’t under $550-600 you’re just wasting your time.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion

Thanks!
-Nick

Correct, in summer heat, tuned or K04 turbo, the car has trouble keeping the temp downs and results of cutting the session or day early on track days.

BTW, the intercooler does look well made, too bad I have another aftermarket one already.