GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire Codes P0300, P0301, and P0304

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Today when I was driving home I went WOT on an on ramp getting on the highway. I noticed after I did this I got a flashing check engine light that went for a few seconds and then dissappeared. When I got home I checked the car with APR mobile and got codes P0300, P0301, and P0304. What could be causing this issue. I upgraded to K04 a little after 30k miles and am now just shy of 37k. I know the the APR kit they recommend replacing the plugs every 10-15k miles so I think I am still good. I also have the ECS tuning engine cover with the Red ignition coils, maybe one of those is going bad? What else would could cause these codes?

Gino

Ready to race!
Which spark plug and gap?

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
NGK BKR8EIX,

They are supposed to be gapped at 0.024" but I had a shop do the install so they should have gapped them properly. Maybe I should check the gap?

Gino

Ready to race!
Don't take very long to. Check and torque them down. I don't think your spark plugs or coil packs are bad considering their age. .028" is the gap I think you need.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Im running .028 gap on my plugs at stage 2. Stock is .032. Last time I got these codes tho it was a bad PCV causing a vacuum leak causing misfires in multiple cylinders. The engine was running very rough at idle I just replaced the PCV.

twovalvekid

Any results? Ive had the misfire problem at idle on cold startups. Got R8 coils and plugs (NGK PFR7S8EG). Still misfires at cold startups but seems to clear up after.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Any results? Ive had the misfire problem at idle on cold startups. Got R8 coils and plugs (NGK PFR7S8EG). Still misfires at cold startups but seems to clear up after.

Misfires at cold start are a tell tale symptom for carbon build up. You'll probably need a carbon cleaning.

FriggenT1

Banned

As well as the carbon build up issue, as I stated above, the pcv can a use multiple misfire, system lean, etc codes. Go look at the pcv on the top and tell us which revision it is. If it ends in just E or A very well could be that. If it ends in AC it's the newest and is likely something else.