GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

alexgc

Turbochargers rock.
$970 shipped (with mounting hardware) from Discount Tire Direct. They're good guys to deal with.

I got my Nurburgrings from Discount Tire Direct also. Friendly people and great customer service.

I might be selling mine (17x8, Matte Gunmetal), however, fairly soon. I'd like to use the money toward a set of 17" OZ Alleggeritas.

Foozay

Ready to race!
1)I just checked and Discount Tire doesn't sell any 18x8 TSW Nurburgring's in Bronze ( at least not in my area). Anyone know of a reputable wheel shop to get them shipped from?

2) Did anyone try the 18x8.5? They come in a ET35 and I was wondering if that would cause a lot of problems.

Thanks

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
1)I just checked and Discount Tire doesn't sell any 18x8 TSW Nurburgring's in Bronze ( at least not in my area). Anyone know of a reputable wheel shop to get them shipped from?

2) Did anyone try the 18x8.5? They come in a ET35 and I was wondering if that would cause a lot of problems.

Thanks

I actually did a search a few minutes ago on 8.5s, but looks like ET is close to 32 (discount tire source). It will rub probably if you go low. I'll stick w/ 8" + 10mm spacers if have more room to go.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I got my Nurburgrings from Discount Tire Direct also. Friendly people and great customer service.

I might be selling mine (17x8, Matte Gunmetal), however, fairly soon. I'd like to use the money toward a set of 17" OZ Alleggeritas.

Post up a pic if you've got one -- I'd like to see what the Nurburgrings look like in that color and size. Also free advertising when/if you sell :w00t:

Dub_Monk

Ready to race!
Looks like discount tire isnt selling the bronze Nurburgrings anymore unless you have to call and ask cause I'm not seeing it on there inventory online. Did everyone go through discount tire for the bronze?

alexgc

Turbochargers rock.
Post up a pic if you've got one -- I'd like to see what the Nurburgrings look like in that color and size. Also free advertising when/if you sell :w00t:

Hopefully this weekend and next week I'll be able to get pictures of the wheels. I want to get them dismounted from the tires beforehand, though. :w00t:

alexgc

Turbochargers rock.
any bending concerns on those nurburgrings in the mid atlantic?

No problems here with my Nurburgrings - lots of potholes and extremely uneven roads in South Jersey, took the abuse from that like a champ.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I generally avoid potholes when I drive, but I've hit a couple of fairly large ones and they've held up fine. Tough wheels relative to the weight.

As a general rule, if you're looking for light AND durable, go with wheels that are flow-formed (TSW Nurburgring/Interlagos, OZ Alleggerita HLT, RAYS, Forgestar) or if you've got money to burn, true forged wheels (HRE, DPE, certain BBS). A lot of the lightweight gravity cast wheels out there are pretty fragile.

Dub_Monk

Ready to race!
To the guys with the Nurburgrings what tires specs are most of you running? I plan on lowering in the spring so I'm thinking 215/40??