GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
bilalsultani87
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:
EUROJET or.... Others

Hi all,

What you think about Eurojet with DP
Best sound without drone?

Tx

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
bilalsultani87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
bilalsultani87
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives:
Anyone has experience with Eurojet?
bilalsultani87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:56 AM   #3
hawk
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
I have had the complete turbo back system with K04 for 4.5 years. Love it, get complements all the time about the sound. To me it has almost no drone.
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #4
Sebastian24
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 4door GTI CSG
I had the full turbo back without a cat, sounded awesome. right around 3k rpm while under throttle it seems like a tiny bit of drone might come on, but its gone almost immediately. I still run the downpipe, but switched the cat back to a single side ( golf style) exhaust utilizing the cat back from VW driver gear. There's absolutely no drone whatsoever now, and I have no suitcase anymore

"YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF JEALOUS AS F**K HATERS! HA! I'M THE TITS AND YOU WISH YOU WERE AS AWESOME AS ME." -Fireball, The Fallen
Sebastian24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Sebastian24
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 4door GTI CSG
Not to deter you from buying the whole system by the way... 99 percent of the people probably wouldn't notice that tiny bit of noise at 3k rpm

"YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF JEALOUS AS F**K HATERS! HA! I'M THE TITS AND YOU WISH YOU WERE AS AWESOME AS ME." -Fireball, The Fallen
Sebastian24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #6
NeoSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 G6 GTI DSG
I have a complete turbo-back Magnaflow system. I get compliments for it all the time and it REALLY turns heads. I had drone for about 1/2 a day when the exhaust was still breaking in (you'll get that with almost all exhausts) but after the first day it's been 100% without drone at any RPM. Pretty quiet when driving slowly with MASSIVE sound when flooring it.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
I also get compliments quite frequently. "Best sound" is subjective... it is very tamed and quiet. There are many times I wish it were louder. There are some times I wish it were quieter. Overall, I'm pleased.
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #8
moddedeuros
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: Audi/VW
Best sounding is so tough to say as exhaust stuff is very subjective to personal taste. We get that question a lot.

Eurojet is a nice budget friendly system. Best thing I would say is try and listen to sound clips of everything and than think of what else are you looking for in a system. As some use vbands and others do not for install. Also various brands have different qualities of fabrication

We have sound clips up onsite of various exhausts if you want to check them out

https://www.moddedeuros.com/volkswag...aust/downpipes
moddedeuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #9
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
I have a full Eurojet tbe and love it, like others I get compliments on it all the time. The quality and fitment is spot on.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #10
oracle462
Go Kart Newbie

Drives:
+1 on lilfleck's comments. I had some small issues when installing down pipe for fitment but compliments all the time. Wife has never complained about noise, even with a headache and a full system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oracle462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:04 AM   #11
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
I love my Eurojet full TBE. It's almost zero drone, I agree that there is some at around 2800 - 3200 RPM but most people will never notice. My girlfriend was very annoyed with my previous Magnaflow/CTS Downpipe and then I switched to the Eurojet and she never complained about it. It's quiet when driving around town, loud when accelerating and really loud when you get on it. I'd say it's not perfect, I wish it were louder sometimes, but overall it's a very nice system and well worth the $$ I spent on it.
Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Neuspeed Catback/Miro Shit Wheels/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:57 AM   #12
Sales@funktion
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: Car, truck, boat, 2-wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trytun View Post
I love my Eurojet full TBE. It's almost zero drone, I agree that there is some at around 2800 - 3200 RPM but most people will never notice. My girlfriend was very annoyed with my previous Magnaflow/CTS Downpipe and then I switched to the Eurojet and she never complained about it. It's quiet when driving around town, loud when accelerating and really loud when you get on it. I'd say it's not perfect, I wish it were louder sometimes, but overall it's a very nice system and well worth the $$ I spent on it.
Thanks for the kind words