GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Equipment You Wish the GTI Had

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Dude, to each their own.
As far as your suspension comment...anyone who is super serious about their suspension or stance will modify the fuck out of it rather than going with what VW would install from the factory. Would your selectable suspension also reduce the wheel gap at the push of a button? I doubt it. Reducing the wheel gap alone is a huge motive for people who go with aftermarket suspension components.

I thought suspension was about performance. :yikes:

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I thought suspension was about performance. :yikes:

It is. And I wouldn't care for "comfort" or "sport" settings either. If I want "sport", I'm getting some stiffer springs, and performance tires. If I want comfort, I'm getting more sidewall and 17's.

FoxhoundGTI

Ready to race!
I just want a f'n USB port and better bluetooth. every time I talk to someone they think I am skydiving.....

ya ya ya . Ok, I contributed to this post. Now I must recognize what my mk6 has that I am grateful for. Having been in some mid 20 to 30k compacts n sedans lately, and having very nearly traded in the GTI, I am grateful for

rear vents
one touch on all windows
amazing leather seating surface...not pleatherette
amazing xenons
kessy
brilliant dynaudio
useful fogs
quality materials
superb driveability in all weather conditions
nice large spare
easy DIY maintenance and relatively economical maintenance schedule
29.9 mpg in over 16k miles since may 2012... and yes, I drive spiritedly about 25% of the time.

There, but damn, I'd love a self-dimming rearview, auto a/c n seat memory. aahhhhh fuckit.

spurvis

Passed Driver's Ed
Dude, to each their own.
As far as your suspension comment...anyone who is super serious about their suspension or stance will modify the fuck out of it rather than going with what VW would install from the factory. Would your selectable suspension also reduce the wheel gap at the push of a button? I doubt it. Reducing the wheel gap alone is a huge motive for people who go with aftermarket suspension components.

Indeed, to each their own. Not everyone is concerned with stance and/or modifying their VWs. I'm not about modifying my R in any way, so to have the adjustable suspension from VW would be on my wish list. I also don't care about wheel gap, lowering the car is not my personal style. I happen to enjoy my R bone stock from the factory as VW intended. I may be in the minority, but........

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Indeed, to each their own. Not everyone is concerned with stance and/or modifying their VWs. I'm not about modifying my R in any way, so to have the adjustable suspension from VW would be on my wish list. I also don't care about wheel gap, lowering the car is not my personal style. I happen to enjoy my R bone stock from the factory as VW intended. I may be in the minority, but........

Golf R is ok in stock form, lacks top end IMO. Has plenty of torque though.

anticon

Ready to race!
Has anyone said "your mom"? If so, that's very immature ;).

For the rilly rillz tho, LSD and/or AWD w/o paying for an R.

loctite

...jk