GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is your A/C any good?

rjohnson5481

Ready to race!
works pretty well for me, but i came from a car with even worse A/C system(corolla)

This is me all day. From a shitty corolla the GTI works jusssst fine. I should mention I'm in AZ, which is likely hotter than most people. lol

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
Central Florida here and so far it seems on par with my Focus, which seemed very good.
There is one way to tell for sure. put a temp gauge in the center A/C vent. Compare it to a car that seems "good".
The first thing I do when I get into my 100degree car is open the sunroof for a minute or two. Normally within 5 minutes the car is bearable and the steering wheel quits burning my hands. leather seats are also torture. I got my VW sunshade on order.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
As others here have said, I believe it's a combination of a few things. I live in Miami, and we've already had 88+ days with high humidity. I believe the AC works very well, but you can't have unreasonable expectations either. Having a windscreen, tint, and cracking the side windows on hot days all make a big difference. My GTI is tinted but the windshield screen recently proved to me just what a big difference it makes. I vacuumed the car and forgot I had left the windscreen in the garage. I went to lunch with some friends and came back to the car.....even with the tint, it was so hot without that windscreen I couldn't believe it. The sun bakes the dash big time, and all that heat has to radiate out the windows before it can even begin to cool down.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Mine has worked surprisingly fine for the most part.

JhnR

Banned
Mine works fine as well on #2. I however have ceramic tints, it makes a whole world difference

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
i always have the 2 passenger vents closed and have all the AC for me.

#causeimboss

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
hahaha thats probably why i think i have good AC. :lol:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Was warm today, took about 2 minutes, and the air was then ice cold. Worked great.

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
The a/c is ok however I use a windshield sunshade to minimize heat in the cabin.

It hit mid 90's yesterday and I'm happy to report that the a/c performed very good. Not as good as my previous BMW or anywhere near my dad's Ford but better than I expected(bought the car in Oct). I think with use of a windshield shade you should be able to manage just fine.