GOLFMKV

Front Lip - Carbon Fiber Sucks - Where to buy a lip

jy7347

Passed Driver's Ed
this is my chinese CF lip ive been using for well over a year :D

sry couldnt find a better pic atm

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
So as the title tells, I'm not longer a fan of carbon fiber. Recently I bought the OEM carbon fiber lip for my gti, and it within 24 hours of installing it, it was wrecked. I was driving on the freeway, four people in the car (my car is lowered on eibach springs) and I hit a bump and I heard a noise. I pulled over and saw that my lip was scratched and a screw came loose from hitting the ground. I kept driving because there was no exit. I could hear the lip scraping the whole way. By the time I could exit and take it off, it was completely worn.

Anyone know where I can get a hard rubber or plastic lip? I can only find carbon fiber, which is no longer an option.

How did it fit though? Got any more pics of it?

People are seriously missing the point in this thread. It really doesn't matter if the lip is made of CF or claims to be made out of CF, it really doesn't matter what it is made out of. If it is dragged under the car at speed then it will be destroyed, no matter what it is made out of, period.

That being said, if it is real CF then it will hold up a lot better than anything else out there (under normal wear).

SoccerMom

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, first post here. Instead of posting a new thread, I will just ask in this one.

Where can I find a OEM lip that is not color matched. Looking for something in the same color/texture as the rear lip... so just black plastic.

Thanks

vmatos12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, first post here. Instead of posting a new thread, I will just ask in this one.

Where can I find a OEM lip that is not color matched. Looking for something in the same color/texture as the rear lip... so just black plastic.

Thanks

Keffer VW. Check their website. You can get it painted and shipped for almost $250 depending on your state.