GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
this might be the best handling *stock* car i have ever owned. It is way more confidence inspring than my 2008 135i was. That car tended to want to lose its back end all the time. I'll have to make a few hill drive videos sometime and expand on that. it just stays FLAT.. totally different than the GTI in turns. i might have had better handling cars in my days, but that was all aftermarket sways and springs, and much rougher rides than this thing. for the comfort this ride provides, the handling is amazing. starting to think the bumpy ride might be about equal to my MK6 GTI, not really better. about the same road feel.

First AWD vehicle?

barische

Go Kart Champion
i have probably researched all of that 10X more than anyone here, and im not about to waste time posting it here. you want those answers, go hang on the Subaru forums and read about it.

im not talking about tuning before 1000 miles or anything, i dont even want to spend the money right now.

k Mr. knowitall, go tune it then... show us your big bleu ballzz when ur making 300 whp with your tune, intake, downpipe...

there are reasons that cobb only makes certain #s over stock and so and so backyard tuners makes that much more.. timing advance adjustment i.e where the spark starts and how much it hold throughout the crank cycle determines your power but also how much you stress the pistons.. go ahead get the so-so's really aggressive backyard tune and we will see how your "forged" FT86 engine's pistons holdup...

take some advice and give the car some time to break-in, let alone throwing your warranty out the window..

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Yep makes sense... I was toying with the idea of making my perfect WRX. And it doesn't work out for me.

I'd want base headunit+uprated speakers and stealth sub. +1k
Upgraded wheels (from STI) +1k
STI brakes +1k

Essentially I want an STI (minus spoiler) with the WRX engine :laugh: That ain't happening

well you can buy a wrx, then buy a those items (possibly not the sub etc.), I'm sure a full retard bro totaled one by now and you can salvage em :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
well you can buy a wrx, then buy a those items (possibly not the sub etc.), I'm sure a full retard bro totaled one by now and you can salvage em :laugh:

Or I can buy an sti and deal with the extra lag and inferior mpg. Their final prices are really similar .

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Finally found a HK vs stock audio video. Even in the shitty video, you can hear a difference in the quality and clarity.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Finally found a HK vs stock audio video. Even in the shitty video, you can hear a difference in the quality and clarity.

Sounds like they didn't care for the HK. And were unwilling to spend 1k extra even. Hmm.

I do think $2500 for that option is really steep. You can likely get a really decent sounding system for <1k.:yikes:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Sounds like they didn't care for the HK. And were unwilling to spend 1k extra even. Hmm.

I do think $2500 for that option is really steep. You can likely get a really decent sounding system for <1k.:yikes:

ya if you don't like good music, no reason to spend the money.. my system put a smile on my face all day long yesterday.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
good honest Golf R review.

Guy was wrong on multiple things on the R like the inlets.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Without ot this forum sucks. It was a great forum when i got on here. Mk7 feels more like a new version of this forum cuz some of the members are there now.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I think you can do this on your wrx like I did on my R. See my how-to. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=7124950

And use the wall anchors that open up behind your honey comb grill to hold it on. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk