GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
mk7's are on sale this summer placman

you miss the dub plac.

DSG plac.

flappy paddles plac.

Actually if plac itches to switch, id suggest plac to test drive the performance pack. I kept hearing reviews on forums saying the LSD pulls you in.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
If I understood that right, what scares me is that it might not be able to handle getting new tires put on them?

I think if you went to a good tire shop with touchless mounting you would be ok. Its probably because the clear coat they apply is softer than the factory finish and would scratch a little easier.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
cant believe i didnt start doing this 10 years ago.. i almost bought a $500 superbee rim once.. luckily i didnt. and i coulda fixed that 2013 GTI rim too.

No kidding! I'm going to have to see if they have one of these in Toronto if I ever curb a wheel.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
If I understood that right, what scares me is that it might not be able to handle getting new tires put on them?

just a 48-72 hour window to make sure the paint is fully cured.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Nice video. I've been wondering about a service like this. My only interest in repairing my wheels is for resale though, and at that price I don't think it would make much sense. But for someone like you who can't stand driving around with curbed wheels I think it's worth it. They really turned out great.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I'm gonna "super clean" my windhsheild today, as i saw in this video.

I had an old video sort of the same thing 4 years back:

Might be good since my front end has been getting so much abuse.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Does that help with the tiny chips in the windshield?

prob not. but it will get rid of half my marks at least..

also looking at the guys headlight protection video.. this one would get rid of my headlight chips.. once the road work is done i might do it.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I'm gonna keep that one in my back pocket for now.

ya.. i dont feel that good about taking sandpaper to my 2500 mile new headlights.. but def a keeper after a year or something. i don't think his clear coated lights looked more clear than my new ones..

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
ya.. i dont feel that good about taking sandpaper to my 2500 mile new headlights.. but def a keeper after a year or something. i don't think his clear coated lights looked more clear than my new ones..

CQuartz on the other hand is better done sooner than later. My R came out great. So glassy and shiny. The metal flakes in the paint are accentuated as well. With the opti-coat I did last year the metal flakes were muted slightly. So I'd say Cquarts is the way to go for coatings.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
CQuartz on the other hand is better done sooner than later. My R came out great. So glassy and shiny. The metal flakes in the paint are accentuated as well. With the opti-coat I did last year the metal flakes were muted slightly. So I'd say Cquarts is the way to go for coatings.

i saw your pics. looks excellent. i didnt know your car was black.

i'd like to.. but meh.. i barely have time these days.. i would have to do it myself, to save a bunch of money.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
and in the most entertaining news of the month............

I just ordered a mattress 5 mins ago.. Might as well tell the story, i know a bunch of people still watch this thread even if they don't post anymore.

History: Remember we had the Tempur Pedic Cloud Supreme. It was $4,200 after tax and delivery. (I also ended up getting about $500 in discounts off that price before we ended up returning it.) We got that almost one and a half years ago. Then as some people might recall, we exchanged that one probably 1 month or less later for a cheaper bed. A Beautyrest Black (top line for that brand) in a plush firm. (maybe it was $2100?) This is the bed we have been sleeping on for over a year now. The plush firm is a pillow top bed with 850 coils. "Firm" has absolutely no relation to this bed. It has been killing our backs for a year now. I'm 160 lb and the wife is a bit more, but we ain't gigantic by any means. When we are on this bed, it drops 6"-9" from the high center point in the middle, into two deep caves. (I actually think it drops a foot..) It is rediculous, and absolutely nothing like "firm" from our perspective. So, I have ordered another cheap-ish bed which is coming tonight. I am done believing in those $3000-$5000 beds long ago, waste of money in my opinion. So this is a Beautyrest recharge 1000 firm. 1000 means it has 1000 coils. No fancy pillow tops, no fancy latex or foam toppers. I just wanted a straight up firm mattress that works. This one was $1850 shipped to our door, with old mattress removed. We do have the 100 day return policy again, and if this isn't firm enough we might step up to "extra firm" next. I have been considering and researching the "sleep number" adjustable air beds for a year now, I just couldn't bring myself to try it, at 3 times the price of this one. I am tired of waking up with a sore back every morning and so is she. We need a bed with more support.

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion

I've got CQuartz Finest on the C7 and have CQuartz UK on the Mustang and the Jeep.

The only thing I have been using the rest of my OptiCoat on is the wheels amnnd brake calipers. OptiCoat will last longer on the wheels according to my friend that is a pro detailer, it is on the wheels of my C7 for 14 months now and still rejects a lot of dust and when they do get dirty they clean up without really any brushing.

and in the most entertaining news of the month............

I just ordered a mattress 5 mins ago.. Might as well tell the story, i know a bunch of people still watch this thread even if they don't post anymore.

History: Remember we had the Tempur Pedic Cloud Supreme. It was $4,200 after tax and delivery. (I also ended up getting about $500 in discounts off that price before we ended up returning it.) We got that almost one and a half years ago. Then as some people might recall, we exchanged that one probably 1 month or less later for a cheaper bed. A Beautyrest Black (top line for that brand) in a plush firm. (maybe it was $2100?) This is the bed we have been sleeping on for over a year now. The plush firm is a pillow top bed with 850 coils. "Firm" has absolutely no relation to this bed. It has been killing our backs for a year now. I'm 160 lb and the wife is a bit more, but we ain't gigantic by any means. When we are on this bed, it drops 6"-9" from the high center point in the middle, into two deep caves. (I actually think it drops a foot..) It is rediculous, and absolutely nothing like "firm" from our perspective. So, I have ordered another cheap-ish bed which is coming tonight. I am done believing in those $3000-$5000 beds long ago, waste of money in my opinion. So this is a Beautyrest recharge 1000 firm. 1000 means it has 1000 coils. No fancy pillow tops, no fancy latex or foam toppers. I just wanted a straight up firm mattress that works. This one was $1850 shipped to our door, with old mattress removed. We do have the 100 day return policy again, and if this isn't firm enough we might step up to "extra firm" next. I have been considering and researching the "sleep number" adjustable air beds for a year now, I just couldn't bring myself to try it, at 3 times the price of this one. I am tired of waking up with a sore back every morning and so is she. We need a bed with more support.

Yeah, we bought that higher end Hybrid bed from Sealy when you got yours and about 8 months ago we ended up back on a sleep number bed. Our backs are happy again and we are sleeping well.