GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Mk7, and Current Mk6 R Owner

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up a '15 R to add to the garage. I'm moving and needed AWD so my RWD car needed to go. My fiancée has owned a '12 R since new and I fell in love with the car. I just wanted to introduce myself and throw some pics of our current garage. I joined the Mk7 forum as well. If anyone has any questions about obscure differences between Mk6 and Mk7 I have both in the garage and can help answer anything you've got. The other pics are from the my previous cars in the past few years.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 453
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 425
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 421
  • IMAG0108_1.jpg
    IMAG0108_1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Whats up with the pics...
Elise? Viper? S2k?

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
Those were all my prior cars leading up to these R's. I should have been a little more clear about that my bad.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Congrats! I'm sure it's good, been able to get the feedback on the two R Gens. my input can be bias, since I'm fan of the DSG, specially now on the new R but I'm sure it make the car feel more responsive, along with new engine. Did you get the DCC, how do you like it? How do you like the Haldex in 0-60? have you guys race each other?
Thanks.

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you get the DCC, how do you like it? How do you like the Haldex in 0-60? have you guys race each other?
Thanks.

The current gen is better in almost every way. I have the DCC and I love it, finally the car doesn't understeer and being able to adjust settings is huge without turning a wrench. The AWD system also helps keep the car straight when launching and has evened out distribution in a way that even people who don't race or drive a lot of cars notice when they drive ours back to back.

The Mk6 is better in Interior, having a spare is fantastic and there is more legroom in the 2012. I don't care if VW says their isn't I am sitting in both and there is. The front dash minus the info system is better designed in a matte black that doesn't show gross finger prints. The 12v socket is easier to use for radar detectors, and I like the headrests more in the Mk6 as well.

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it true that the driver of the 3 pedal version wears the pants in the relationship?

Which generation do you like the looks of better?

I mentioned this in the Mk7 forum I don't like the silver slats running in the front of the car. I don't think they are necessary, everything else about the styling looks much more aggressive in the Mk7. so it wins in that category.

Part of the reason I got the DSG was she is going to keep her manual or trade it in for another manual in the fall when the '16 come out. As long as we have one in the garage I don't mind having an automatic. My cars have always been the Autox cars, but it will be used for the road trips to Seattle/ Vancouver/ Whistler/ Jackson Hole. I don't mind having an automatic in traffic.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Why did you get black? Mk6 R has better wheels and is way cooler. Mk7 R has newer technology but the body isn't as attractive. My opinion of course but I'd like your opinion of my opinion. Lol

iPhone Tapatalk

bebersol

Ready to race!
Cool pair of cars, decisions, decisions. I like them both. Lucky you, also looks like you've had some fun rides in the past.

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
Why did you get black? Mk6 R has better wheels and is way cooler. Mk7 R has newer technology but the body isn't as attractive. My opinion of course but I'd like your opinion of my opinion. Lol

iPhone Tapatalk

I got black because it was at the dealer. I wanted blue, but I needed a car quickly before driving across the country. I was not about to take the Viper 3,000 miles. I like the styling of the Mk7, but I am not a fan of the wheels. I like the mk6 wheels much more. Overall the Mk7 handles like an entirely new car, the feel of the torque is similar to the Mk6 though. My fiancée bought her Mk6 for 28,000$ brand new after it sat for a year at our friends dealer. He gave her it for less than the autobahn GTI. She is looking to trade it for a '16 manual perhaps so it may be leaving the stable soon.

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool pair of cars, decisions, decisions. I like them both. Lucky you, also looks like you've had some fun rides in the past.

Out of all of those cars the one I would buy again without a newer model/trim/speed/upgrades is the s2000. It was the slowest car, and worse at literally everything compared to the Elise and the Viper, but nothing has been more fun than that S.

jrkob

Ready to race!
Nice pictures and well done !
What I like about this Golf R, is that it can be agressive when you need/want it, but otherwise can be very pleasant and quiet to go to work.
I had a 996C4 before, and although I was absolutely enjoying it during week-ends, driving my daughter to school and then to work in morning traffic was hell...