GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using a clutch stop?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I used to use it with my stock clutch and was great but after I installed my stage 2 SB clutch i took it out for the break in period but it's been about 10k miles. Catching point on the clutch is pretty much just like stock so I've been thinking about putting it back in anyone here use it with a aftermarket clutch?

I installed my clutch stop today. (The one everyone here bought from the ebay link.) I have a Southbend Stage 2 Endurance (SMF) clutch installed.

I installed mine without the second thick rubber washer which also has a thin metal washer glued to it. So far it works but I may remove one or two more thin metal washers to see how it feels. Right now the clutch almost bites too fast upon releasing the pedal. Maybe I just need to get used to it but it was weird to have to bottom out the pedal every time I shifted during my test drive. :iono: I also had to move my seat back (two clicks) as others have mentioned. It is certainly a nice little mod that I wish I had jumped on board sooner. :bonk:

FezWerke

Just found out about this clutch stop thing! This is the first manual transmission car that I've owned (not the first time driving one though) and I've found that the clutch is just too deep for my liking. I'm definitely placing an order!

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I installed my clutch stop today. (The one everyone here bought from the ebay link.) I have a Southbend Stage 2 Endurance (SMF) clutch installed.

I installed mine without the second thick rubber washer which also has a thin metal washer glued to it. So far it works but I may remove one or two more thin metal washers to see how it feels. Right now the clutch almost bites too fast upon releasing the pedal. Maybe I just need to get used to it but it was weird to have to bottom out the pedal every time I shifted during my test drive. :iono: I also had to move my seat back (two clicks) as others have mentioned. It is certainly a nice little mod that I wish I had jumped on board sooner. :bonk:

yeah, I have taken up to three washers out, but as my clutch engage point moves up on my RSR Ive been adding washers back in over the year.

It's def good to take the time to customize this. I totally agree, I dont like it engaging immediately at/or right after the stop point. Removing 1-2 will fix that. :thumbsup:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, I have taken up to three washers out, but as my clutch engage point moves up on my RSR Ive been adding washers back in over the year.

It's def good to take the time to customize this. I totally agree, I dont like it engaging immediately at/or right after the stop point. Removing 1-2 will fix that. :thumbsup:

Agree on taking time to customize [emoji1360] I like how easy it is to fine tune it. I removed 2 thin metal washers and the pedal engagement feels better. (I also cut the stem about 1/2".) I'll stomp on it for a couple of weeks then add 1 thin washer. [emoji469]

Sent from my iPhone SexS using Tapatalk

Tifore

Ready to race!
I installed my clutch stop this past weekend.
I was surprised with how much of a difference in feel that this little mod has made. I can sit farther back, and I don't feel crowded like I have for the past few years. Starting from first was a little odd feeling as the clutch grabs so quickly now that a lot of that play has been removed, but I've gotten used to it as this week has gone by.
I removed one metal spacer from what was supplied. I may remove one more spacer as I feel I am right on the edge of the clutch catching and not.
I highly approve of this mod!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
the little squish pad on the end of this has come off on mine. i'll need to glue it in place i guess. still no issues with the BMS one.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Ebay clutch stop is awesome, $10 for a world of difference.

ThatVWGuy

Ready to race!
Agreed on the world of difference comment. I got the original ebay one and it has worked wonderfully for 3+ years so far. I had to readjust it a little when I changed my clutch from OEM to SB Stage 2 Daily, but otherwise it is a set it and forget item.