GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drivers side window stuck

Plaidshadow

I can fully roll my window down but when I press for the window to go back up, it either doesn’t respond or only slight goes up increments.

I found that by parking the car, switching the ignition off, and then turning the key forward (power only - no starting) and then opening and closing the door, the window goes up slightly. I repeat opening and closing the door and pressing the window button “up” until I get the window up. Other windows appear to work fine.

Could it be the following;
1. Window motor problem ?
2. Fuse ?
3. Weak battery ? (I have not disconnected the battery lately)
4. Pinch protection issue?
5. Some Secret GTI button sequence I need to do to reset ?

Any thoughts might help before I bring it in. Car is a 2010 GTI Autobahn Edition 4D DSG. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My first guess is a broken window switch, but then I feel like if it was a broken window switch it wouldn't roll up at all.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I found that by parking the car, switching the ignition off, and then turning the key forward (power only - no starting) and then opening and closing the door, the window goes up slightly. I repeat opening and closing the door and pressing the window button “up” until I get the window up. Other windows appear to work fine.

Holy shit...what a PITA. Maybe the car has developed OCD?

Sounds like some sort of electrical or ECU glitch.

I'd unplug the battery for a few minutes then reconnect and see if that "resets" things before spending money taking it to a shop.

Plaidshadow

I googled a window “reset” sequence where you roll the window down all the way and additionally hold the down button for 5 secs. You roll up the window and hold the up button for 5 secs. It appears to have worked so far.

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I had a very similar thing with my drivers side window. Took it into the dealer since I had a CPO warranty. New window switch fixed me up.

If the rest doesn't help look for a window switch.

yannzter

hey i have this exact problem i tried that reset thing on google but do u press window down let go and then press and hold or do u press once hold?